JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He started really slow, and sounded too pointedly party line early on. Once he hit his stride (a few minutes in), he really said things that should make any fence sitter or person on the other side slow down, and think about where he's coming from philosophically. When Cruz sticks to a "these are the facts" approach, instead of "us vs them/Rep vs Dem", he is very effective. People can have a defensive (emotional) reaction to criticism of their political views, but there really isn't a good response to "why aren't you prosecuting criminals who try to buy firearms illegally?"

I am strongly of the opinion that we will eventually lose, unless we slow the other side down, and defeat them with cool, calm, collected, and logical. The second half of his speech really gives me hope that we'll have a face other than Wayne LaPierre or Ted Nugent. Those guys are great at preaching to the choir, but they aren't winning over any fence-sitters. Cruz just might be able to do so.

I saw an interview of Ted Cruz recently. He looks and sounds a lot like Joe McCarthy. The interviewer was asking him whether he had presidential ambitions, and Ted was kind of "aw shucks" but suggesting that maybe sometime in the future. Yadda yadda yadda.

Then the interviewer noted that he was born in Canada and therefore ineligible. Cruz seemed surprised (He looked like "What?") and said he'd have to have staff look at that. Bright guy. Constitutionally illiterate, but pushes all the right Tea Party buttons like he has a check list. I seriously think he thought he could be president and was surprised to learn about the U.S. Constitution.

I saw an interview of Ted Cruz recently. He looks and sounds a lot like Joe McCarthy. The interviewer was asking him whether he had presidential ambitions, and Ted was kind of "aw shucks" but suggesting that maybe sometime in the future. Yadda yadda yadda.

Then the interviewer noted that he was born in Canada and therefore ineligible. Cruz seemed surprised (He looked like "What?") and said he'd have to have staff look at that. Bright guy. Constitutionally illiterate, but pushes all the right Tea Party buttons like he has a check list. I seriously think he thought he could be president and was surprised to learn about the U.S. Constitution.

Don't care for all his politics but he was born in Canada to American citizens; therefore he is a natural born citizen and can run for President.

It was a haymaker of a speech.
A lot more entertaining than the anti-gun demonstration and some of the other "discussion" about the NRA;
Wish you could all be here, seriously. A rousing good time

Houston greeting to NRA warm, cordial...except for critics

The annual meeting of National Rifle Association members will be held Saturday morning here in the George R. Brown Convention Center in downtown Houston, where there has been a very warm welcome from just about everyone.

<broken link removed>

Joe McCarthy was right. I like this guy Cruz.. if Rs were more like him I would be an R

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews