JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is exactly what I was planning on doing...providing .22lr pistols to introduce my female students to shooting...I do not want to be the one who sticks my neck out for a court case either...:eek:

I have two classroom only courses scheduled for January, but will have to tell them I am unable to instruct them in the fundamentals of handling/clearing/grip/sight alignment etc. a handgun, depending on what happens with that ridiculous leglislation...:confused::confused: Fortunately, we do cover so much else in class, especially the legal side of use of force, personal awareness, physiological effects of stress, what to say to the police, etc. that I may still be able to offer it...o_O

What a shame.

After reading the entire initiative twice my understanding is this;
If your students are minors (-18) and you are the instructor of the class section 3 indicates you are exempt from the transfer rule during an organized shooting range training class. I'd have to consult my attorney to confirm.

If 594 does prevent you from live fire training with you student's I'd be happy to donate a couple CO2 powered pellet revolvers to your class. May not do much for flinch fire but the size, weight and trigger pull are all there.

Keep up your good work.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

law suits can be filed ahead of the law beginning that is how you block them from being enforced. also the nra should have had a major contribution and helped fight the bill from the get go. i don't know if they did but they should have. is this just like the hurricane katrina where after it was all over and the guns were already confiscated the nra steps up. i am sure we will see it south of the border soon and have to fight it. we in turn are so close on the gmo bill passing they will move that north of the border for your voting displeasure again. it would give me great pleasure to see these votes by county instead of the population as a whole. one or two counties should not have the majority of the say so in either state.

You have to have "standing" to take it to court, until it's in effect NO one has "standing".

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
WAC Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top