JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Join us in Olympia on the 24th at Noon (12pm) for a rally for the 2nd Amendment. This is Washington State's official rally in support of the 2nd Amendment!

NEWS RELEASE
______________________________________________________________________________________
For Immediate Release: For Further Information Contact:
April 14, 2010 David Del Buono
Washington State Coordinator
Second Amendment March
[email protected]

Jim Beal Assistant
Assistant Washington State Coordinator
[email protected]
Second Amendment March

Liz Foley
National Media Director
832-877-5263
[email protected]

SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH
Washington State

The Second Amendment March has announced a Washington state rally in conjunction with the national event in Washington D.C.

The Washington state march will be held Saturday, April 24 at 12pm at the Capitol in Olympia. Participants will assemble at Tivoli Fountain. For further updated information and a map of the location visit <broken link removed> .

The Second Amendment March is a national event supported by satellite marches at state capitols and in cities across America. The national Second Amendment March will take place Monday, April 19, 2010 from 10am – 4pm on the grounds of the Washington Monument in Washington D.C.

Our nation’s founders were deliberate and vigilant when drafting the Second Amendment to provide “we the people” the protections needed to defend our country, freedom, liberty and way of life. They understood far too well the danger of a disarmed population under a tyrannical government. Thomas Jefferson said it best, “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”

To take part in this landmark rally in support of your right to keep and bear arms and to protect and defend our Second Amendment visit www.secondamendmentmarch.com to R.S.V.P., volunteer or make a contribution.

Questions or to set up an interview: Contact Liz Foley, National Media Director at [email protected].

About Second Amendment March:
The mission of the Second Amendment March is to galvanize the courage and resolve of Americans; to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense.

Information about Second Amendment March is available at: www.secondamendmentmarch.com

im thinking im gonna have to show up to this
on another note is there any talk of Washington moving towards changing the laws so they are similar to Arizona to where you no longer need to have a permit to carry concealed?

Hmmm... just happens another commitment I'd had for Sat has been cancelled by the other party. Thus, I am free then...... since I'm local, and the weather promises decent, I guess I'm out of excuses.... (har har). I should be there.

It will be interesting to hear Dave Workman, too.... he's a champion here in the Northwet.....

Is it legal to Open Carry on the capitol campus? I'll be there...
yup. It is, and was.

I just got back from that event, there were somewhat over a hundred people there, probably three fourths visibly carrying. A few long guns visible, some "black and ugly", some WW 11 vintage relics.... a very friendly crowd, good stuff from the speakers.

Open Carry dot Org was, apparently, the prime mover/sponsor, they had a table/tent there with some info, free goodies, (hats, tees) and free sodas. Dave Workman spoke, as did Gray whatsisname (Davidson?) the guy who pressed the Nickels Seattle Parks Gunban. He's an amazing source of on-the-hoof information.... I mentioned a fairly recent court case relating to searches of private cars... wasn't sure what all was involved, or where. He knew the case, its name, the judge, and the resultant judgement and its implications.

The weather wasn't too cooperative, bringing in line squalls through the day which dumped on us, then went on their wet and marry way, leaving the sunshine to warm and dry.

One of the speakers mentioned a website, "washington votes dot org? maybe com?, where we can enter the name of a representative and find their voting record. The implication was, of course, to learn about them and vote out those hostile to our Second Ammendment rights... and the Constitution.

There was another table there with Initiative Petitions to sign for various bills, to be voted on in November. Firearms Freedom Act was one (pretty much Montana's law), one to require the Constitution be taught in Washington State schools, one to require the legislature to provide documentation that a given proposed law is consistent with the Constitution, and the fourth called "sheriff first", giving the local sheriff the authority to interpose and prohibit actions by federal law enforcement (FBI, CIA, DEA, US Marshall, etc), to require the feds get a pass from our state Attorney General to take certain actions within this state.... in other words, returning the county sheriff to his lawful place as the highest authority within this state.

In all, a worthy way of passing an afternoon... I learned a lot, met some key people in the 2A cause here and nationally.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top