JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our Capitol..."Possession of an unregistered firearm or ammunition in the District is punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine, and prosecutors said Mr. Srigley could have faced up to seven criminal charges in the case."

Our Constitution..."A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Something just aint right there I just know it. Hmmm weird, the two don't really go together. It doesn't make sense.

I think the guy should fight the fine. It amazes me that the court feels the fine is justified. I think the take home message from the fine issue might be one of don't use a gun to save a life lest you face a fine. In the article it even mentions other folks who came to help getting chased off by the dogs.

I think the guy should get on the news and say "I am being fined $1000 for saving a young child's life. Since I am not made of money nor do I have endless cash flow if there is a next time I guess the kid might have to take the mauling on his own because I am not willing to dive in and take on three pit bulls with my bare hands. By the way, a cop had to use a gun to kill the other two dogs and he had pepper spray, a baton, and a taser on him."

I find it very sad that the bureaucrats in DC don't seem to have a lick of "Common Sense!"

Its also sad that there is a lot of similar thinking in areas of downtown Portland.

If one had the money this would be a lawsuit to take all the way up the legal chain. I am surprised some attorney that is looking to make a name for himself does not latch onto this issue pro bono.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top