JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CRIME STOPPERS FEATURED CASE #14-07 WANTED KIDNAPPING SUSPECT KELLY SWOBODA (PHOTO)

News Release from Portland Police Bureau
Posted on FlashAlert: January 30th, 2014 3:29 PM

Downloadable file: Kelly_Vern_Mark_Swoboda_49_CCSO_Mug_Shot.jpg
<broken link removed>

Downloadable file: Kelly_Vern_Mark_Swoboda_49_ODL_Photo.jpg
<broken link removed>

Downloadable file: Purple_Dodge_Caravan.jpg
<broken link removed>

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office, in cooperation with Crime Stoppers of Oregon, is asking for the public's help in locating a wanted kidnapping suspect.

49-year-old Kelly Vern Mark Swoboda is wanted in connection with a kidnapping and assault that occurred in Milwaukie, Oregon on Monday January 27, 2014.

Swoboda is suspected of kidnapping and assaulting a woman who was working at Palm Beach Tan, located at 17046 Southeast McGloughlin Boulevard. The victim, a woman in her 20s, suffered significant injuries and escaped by jumping out of Swoboda's minivan while it was moving along Southeast Oatfield Road.

Swoboda is described as a white male, 6'1" tall, 185 pounds, gray hair, blue eyes, wearing glasses. He may be driving a purple 1989 to 1996 Dodge or Plymouth Caravan.

Investigators believe he is armed and dangerous.

Anyone seeing Kelly Swoboda is asked not to approach him but to immediately call 9-1-1.

Two different photos of Kelly Swoboda are being released as well as a photo of a similar vehicle to what Swoboda may be driving to aid the public in this investigation.

Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $1,000 for information, reported to Crime Stoppers, that leads to an arrest in this case, or any unsolved felony, and tipsters can remain anonymous.

Leave a Crime Stoppers tip online at Submit Online Tip | Crime Stoppers of Oregon text CRIMES (274637) and in the subject line put 823HELP, followed by the tip, or call 503-823-HELP (4357) and leave the tip information. Tips can be submitted in English, Spanish or French.

Visit http://www.tipsoft.com to download the Crime Stoppers App for the iPhone or Droid.

Media Inquiries:
Lt. Robert Wurpes
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
(503) 237-2643

His mug shot...

Kelly_Vern_Mark_Swoboda_49_CCSO_Mug_Shot.jpg

His DL Image....

Kelly_Vern_Mark_Swoboda_49_ODL_Photo.jpg

A photo of a van resembling the suspects vehicle...

Purple_Dodge_Caravan.jpg

The A-hole pistol wipped the girl before pulling her out of the place, and throwing her into the van. She made her jump on Oatfield rd. not far from my house. The guy's a 5 time looser. Can't believe that they keep turning turds like this loose on the public.

The A-hole pistol wipped the girl before pulling her out of the place, and throwing her into the van. She made her jump on Oatfield rd. not far from my house. The guy's a 5 time looser. Can't believe that they keep turning turds like this loose on the public.

Yes, this one needs to go away for good this time.
Too many people like this out there.

Armed and a felon?

Multnomah county better pass more firearm ordinances on us law abiding citizens and us open carriers since this happened. Bad guy does something illegal so you might as well take it out on the rest of us. Except you CHL carriers, you are exempt.

At any given time throughout the year there are 100,000 missing persons in the US.
Each year the remains of the missing, found, average only 4400.
Perpetrated by people like this guy.
She is fortunate to have gotten away.
My wife studies missing persons and the stats are staggering.
Here is some good information.
This is why people like this should never be released from prison.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/homes/news

I'm sorry Taku. I didn't know those girls but was younger when it happened and that crime always stuck with me. I have a daughter know and I'm scared ish less for her.

There's always places you shouldn't go or people you can spot and try to avoid.

It's the kind, caring person that acts and looks completely normal, but it a psycho that will get you.
Or the no conscience kid that has no emotional attachment that snaps and kills people for no reason.

Crazy world we live in these days. Oh yeah, you bet your behind i'm going armed.

I'm still amazed there hasn't been some break in the kyron horman case.

If I was that dad I would get some answers from that Ex.
However I needed to.

Yeah, that is one strange case.

Know what you mean about your daughter.
We have 5 granddaughters that we stress over as well. Even the grandsons and great grandsons are a worry nowadays. Some pathetically sick people out there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top