JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Managed to get by my LGS today and fondle some revolvers. As I think I've decided on a convertible SA, I wanted to check out the feel of the Bisley grip vs. the standard Blackhawk, no contest, the Bisley wins. Also checked out both versions of the GP 100, liked the heft and the grip of the standard better than the Match, it just fit my hand a little bit better. Truth is, I could be happy with either, so if I can't find a Bisley configured the way I want it, the GP 100 will be a very acceptable alternative. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Later.

Dave

Dave; If you decide to go with the SA just make sure you let the gun roll up in Recoil. Too many people try to fight the Recoil and hold it down. A SA simply isn't designed that way. Good Luck.

Dave; If you decide to go with the SA just make sure you let the gun roll up in Recoil. Too many people try to fight the Recoil and hold it down. A SA simply isn't designed that way. Good Luck.

First gun I ever bought was an old model Blackhawk .41 Mag, I'm more than a little familiar with SA recoil ;). But thanks for the heads up, it has been a few years since then :rolleyes:. Later.

Dave

My opinion is the Ruger SP101, great bang for the buck...

I've had Ruger Pistols since they first came out and have never been disappointed in quality and or realiability...
View attachment 489783

This^^

These are tanks in my experience. If you want something durable/reliable in a revolver and don't mind the weight of an all steel gun, Ruger makes strong revolvers. You can then send them to a pistolsmith and have the action refined and if you don't like the stainless finish have it coated/treated in a dark matte finish.

I like my S&W 329 PD - a lightweight .44 magnum, not fun to shoot, but a pleasure to carry, and after carrying heavier gear for much of my life, I have come to value lightweight gear. If Ruger ever comes out with an LCRx in .357 mag with a 3-4" barrel I would get one of those, meanwhile, my 329 PD is my go to revolver for field carry. Problem is I just don't carry very often even though I live on 20 acres on a forested mountain with bears and cougars/etc., and the 329 PD being a $1K revolver I don't want to scratch it up.

I would go 329. Easy to carry and shoot with powder puff 44 specials.
I don't care if I scratch it. It lost all beauty when S&W installed that God forsake lock. :s0170:

wheelers 028.jpg

Y'all are just gluttons for punishment :confused:. Much as I enjoyed my .41 Mag, I never found the .44 to be any fun at all, even in a heavy gun, never mind a lightweight. I did enjoy the Special, even briefly reloaded for an early Bulldog, and if I ever had a magnum fall in my lap, that's probably what I'd shoot with it. Later.

Dave

Y'all are just gluttons for punishment :confused:. Much as I enjoyed my .41 Mag, I never found the .44 to be any fun at all, even in a heavy gun, never mind a lightweight. I did enjoy the Special, even briefly reloaded for an early Bulldog, and if I ever had a magnum fall in my lap, that's probably what I'd shoot with it. Later.

Dave

It's all about the weight of the gun. The 329PD is very lightweight. The worst recoiling handgun I ever shot was a Keltec .380 - a P10 IIRC.

OTOH, my 460V is downright tame by comparison even shooting .460 Mag loads - it is a big heavy gun with a comp which is quite manageable, but not something I would want to carry around regularly unless the choice was that or a rifle/shotgun in Alaska, and even then I would prefer the 329PD unless I was around polar bears. The chances of me being around polar bears greatly decreased when I quit my job that took me to Alaska every year.

It's all about the weight of the gun. The 329PD is very lightweight. The worst recoiling handgun I ever shot was a Keltec .380 - a P10 IIRC.

OTOH, my 460V is downright tame by comparison even shooting .460 Mag loads - it is a big heavy gun with a comp which is quite manageable, but not something I would want to carry around regularly unless the choice was that or a rifle/shotgun in Alaska, and even then I would prefer the 329PD unless I was around polar bears. The chances of me being around polar bears greatly decreased when I quit my job that took me to Alaska every year.

Gotta back up this post. I had a 5" S&W 500 that was not as painful to shoot as my Model 69 44 Mag. I also know that my 69 weighs a lot more than a 329.
The most painful revolver I've ever shot was a 649 .357 2 1/8". That little bugger just hammered my hand.

Gotta back up this post. I had a 5" S&W 500 that was not as painful to shoot as my Model 69 44 Mag. I also know that my 69 weighs a lot more than a 329.
The most painful revolver I've ever shot was a 649 .357 2 1/8". That little bugger just hammered my hand.
Lol, those stupid airweights with 38+P is enough for me to question my resolve.

I almost picked up a Python earlier, but after careful thought found a SW 586-4 was allot more cost effective and just as great a revolver. ( then lost it in a second boat accident)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top