JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow what the hell happened

IMG_3030.jpg IMG_3031.jpg

I picked up a couple boxes of Automatch .22lr at Walmart a few days ago, and noticed the price had risen substantially.

The "shortage" has gone on long enough that prices have risen along the entire supply chain. They haven't quite caught up with the scalpers yet, but I think it's gotten to the point where there's really not much room left for a profit for them.

Well yes, Walmart's ammo prices have risen. But everything is relative.

As much as Walmart's prices have risen, their prices in every case is lower than any of the ammo I'm seeing from the online ammo superstores.

Actually, recently, I've bought quite a few .308 and some .243 cartridges there, as well as rimfire ammo. My boy keeps himself in shotgun ammo from there. Never from one day to the next do they have the same inventory, as it's sold as soon as it's placed on the shelf for sale. And sometimes right out of the cart before it's even put on the shelf.

I seldom go to Walmart, but when I do I'm surprised to see ammo on the shelves at all, considering they're getting out of the ammo business. Or so I keep reading on the internet.:s0076:

People have to remember Wally does not make ammo to sell. They buy it from a distribution source like everyone else. Since they can not buy a box car load at a time any more price goes up. Materials to make it go up, price goes up. Wally has a set mark up just like before. Amazing someone seems to want to hate on Wally so where is the "better place" to buy the same ammo then?

If you were referring to me Alexx I didn't say I hated Walmart, although I don't care to go there, I was merely shocked at the price increase since the last time I was in there.as a matter of fact that's where I got the bulk of my 10k of cci standard velocity 22 ammo. Back when it was a little over 7 bucks a hundred.

If you were referring to me Alexx I didn't say I hated Walmart, although I don't care to go there, I was merely shocked at the price increase since the last time I was in there.as a matter of fact that's where I got the bulk of my 10k of cci standard velocity 22 ammo. Back when it was a little over 7 bucks a hundred.
You were just one of hundreds who love to gripe about ammo price. Often the complaints are aimed at Wally since for a few panic shortages wally was the place to go. Reason was they did not change markup. As ammo came in they did the same mark up they always did, first come first served. Every panic a LOT of complaining. This time gun owners elected an administration that thought what we really need now is some old fashioned inflation to make us happy. So again here comes the complaints aimed at everyone except of course the people making the mess. The price of everything we buy is climbing but many only seem to want to see ammo. That gas has more than doubled? No one seems to care. Price of ammo doubles and that gets attention. :s0092:
I am certainly no fan boy for Wally, or Amazon. What amazes me is voters do this to themselves and then act like they do not understand what happened and it must be someone else's fault. :s0054:

Actually, recently, I've bought quite a few .308 and some .243 cartridges there, as well as rimfire ammo. My boy keeps himself in shotgun ammo from there. Never from one day to the next do they have the same inventory, as it's sold as soon as it's placed on the shelf for sale. And sometimes right out of the cart before it's even put on the shelf.

I seldom go to Walmart, but when I do I'm surprised to see ammo on the shelves at all, considering they're getting out of the ammo business. Or so I keep reading on the internet.:s0076:
Nice score took me a bit to get a good stash of 243 built up during these times ! I managed to clean out the Pawn shop at $17 a box and scored a case from TargetsportsUSA . The best score was a neighbor asked if I knew anyone that could use 243 and of course I knew someone lol.

You were just one of hundreds who love to gripe about ammo price. Often the complaints are aimed at Wally since for a few panic shortages wally was the place to go. Reason was they did not change markup. As ammo came in they did the same mark up they always did, first come first served. Every panic a LOT of complaining. This time gun owners elected an administration that thought what we really need now is some old fashioned inflation to make us happy. So again here comes the complaints aimed at everyone except of course the people making the mess. The price of everything we buy is climbing but many only seem to want to see ammo. That gas has more than doubled? No one seems to care. Price of ammo doubles and that gets attention. :s0092:
I am certainly no fan boy for Wally, or Amazon. What amazes me is voters do this to themselves and then act like they do not understand what happened and it must be someone else's fault. :s0054:
Wasn't griping either. I was smart enough to buy ammo when it was cheap and I bought a lot of it. And I didn't vote for the idiots running this country. Then there is people like you that like to start arguments

My Walmart doesn't even HAVE ammo. NONE, of any kind. Hasn't for months and months. At first they had some 20ga but once that was gone... NO MORE AMMO.

D&B used to carry lots of ammo... those shelves are now dedicated to licorice and Carhart stuff. NO AMMO.

Ace hardware has some ammo, but no 9mm.

BiMart has some ammo, but no plinking/target 9mm.

Just be glad you don't live in a small town... tho I love it here, it has some disadvantages, like crappy doctors, useless VA, and NO AMMO!!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top