JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tried buying something from Sportsman's. They said I was 3000+ in the line, first time ever this happened. Told them to forget it and cancel everything.

Went to NW Armory the next day and was approved instantly, also paid a better price for the pistol.

Rather strange that these long queues still continue here even though, nationally, gun buying is actually back to pre-pandemic levels.

Rural Lewis County (sheriff dept) took 4 business days.. Just depends on where you live. In Washington if you live in a city they send it to that police dept if you live rural its the sheriffs dept. Not sure what happens if you live on base. So times in wa are going to be all over the map.

Queue is currently at about 2,800 people, but earlier this week it was around 3,300 so it fluctuates a bit depending on the day.

IMG_1110.PNG
Right now we are getting some Approvals in about 8-9 days, we still try to quote clients ~10-12 days to give us some breathing room in case they slow down a bit, it's usually safer to quote high and deliver low nowadays than the opposite.

Queue is currently at about 2,800 people, but earlier this week it was around 3,300 so it fluctuates a bit depending on the day.

View attachment 1169008
Right now we are getting some Approvals in about 8-9 days, we still try to quote clients ~10-12 days to give us some breathing room in case they slow down a bit, it's usually safer to quote high and deliver low nowadays than the opposite.
I'm curious, if I may ask, but do the volume of sales you're experiencing seem to make sense with the queues constantly remaining in the thousands?

I know national numbers and Oregon numbers aren't proportionate because here private sales need BGC's too while in much of the rest of the country they don't... it just seems bizarre we are still experiencing panic-level numbers.

I'm curious, if I may ask, but do the volume of sales you're experiencing seem to make sense with the queues constantly remaining in the thousands?

I know national numbers and Oregon numbers aren't proportionate because here private sales need BGC's too while in much of the rest of the country they don't... it just seems bizarre we are still experiencing panic-level numbers.
Excellent question!

Overall our sales are still higher than pre-pandemic levels but not insane by any means. Granted we're just one FFL and since the FICS system is shared by every FFL in the state I couldn't speak accurately for the volume other shops/gunshows/private sales are doing and how it affects the queue.

Some days the queue moves surprisingly quickly, some days it seems to be completely stagnant, there hasn't been much consistency sadly which is very frustrating.

I purchased two firearms last week, both were approved in @15 minutes.

I was told my concealed carry permit was likely the reason for the quick approval.
I purchased a gun at the ARPC show. Deal was struck. FFL asked me behind the table to sit. First question was "Where do you live". He was out of the central coast, I'm in potland. We were happy I have the CCP.

A few days ago I got an instant approval (as has been customary as a CHL holder). Out of curiosity, asked the transfer dealer what the line was looking like. He said it was around 50, so even without a CHL, same-day approval would've been possible.

Havent had a same day approval in atleast 5 years. 3 day wait last year. Before that it was always within 10-15 minutes. Began going to a new shop recently and made my first Firearm purchase with them yesterday. They said they have had fast turnaround time when they include your CPL/CHL as of late. We'll see since it was purchased on a Saturday. Would be a great start to a Monday if that call comes in!

My last few Oregon purchases were in the weeks range even with an Oregon CHL. In Arizona, took less than 30 min with my Arizona CHL.
Saving sales tax is nice but wait times suck. Sounds like they are getting shorter. I'll try again in a couple of weeks and see.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top