JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Four months now with a CHL.
That's not a "Wait Time" That's a DELAY! Have you, or your FFL, had a convo with OSP as to the reason it's taken so long? You have some little indiscretion 30 years ago that's holding things up? That happened to Wifey back in 2010 when she was buying her first gun. Took 3 months to sort it out.

2 business days this time. Picked this up today.

20220505_140635.jpg 20220505_114833.jpg

That's not a "Wait Time" That's a DELAY! Have you, or your FFL, had a convo with OSP as to the reason it's taken so long? You have some little indiscretion 30 years ago that's holding things up? That happened to Wifey back in 2010 when she was buying her first gun. Took 3 months to sort it out.
When I went in to pick up the rifle in January, the dealer told me I had been delayed, which we were both surprised by. We were later given a proposed date of resolution 60 days out. I began calling and leaving messages, faxing and emailing, but no response. When the proposed date of resolution came and went, my dealer called the FICS Unit and was told that they had received the document they were looking for, that it just needed to be uploaded into the system. Month three rolls around, and all this time I have continued with the above attempts at communication. At the four month mark, I got fed up and tried the dealer line. The representative told me that because it was the dealer line, she could give me no information, but that they call people back from the voicemails they receive and let them know what's going on. I told her I had received no such call, or communication via the other channels in four months. She took pity on me at that point and looked into the system. She told me that it was related to a 2009 disorderly conduct charge, that they needed to confirm that it wasn't related to domestic violence. That seemed strange, as while the charge was legitimate, I had gotten into a bar fight in that year and pled guilty, this had never come up in the thirty transfers I had done since that time, or when I applied for and received my CHL in Multnomah County. I called the Jackson County Circuit Court records department in Medford, OR , in whose jurisdiction the event occurred, and they tell me they have never received a request from FICS for any court records. I asked them to email me the records in question so I can forward to FICS, which they did, and I have done, and also hard copies which I could also send in. I paid the $9 fee, and received them yesterday. I just sent them on to FICS in Salem with tracking and delivery receipt this afternoon 5/6.

JP9

Last Edited:
When I went in to pick up the rifle in January, the dealer told me I had been delayed, which we were both surprised by. We were later given a proposed date of resolution 60 days out. I began calling and leaving messages, faxing and emailing, but no response. When the proposed date of resolution came and went, my dealer called the FICS Unit and was told that they had just received the document they were looking for, that it just needed to be uploaded into the system. Month three rolls around, and all this time I have continued with the above attempts at communication. At the 4 month mark, I got fed up and tried the dealer line. The representative told me that because it was the dealer line, she could give me no information, but that they call people back from the voicemails they receive and let them know what's going on. I told her I had received no such call, or communication via the other channels in four months. She took pity on me at that point and looked into the system. She told me that it was related to a 2009 disorderly conduct charge, that they needed to confirm that it wasn't related to domestic violence. That seemed strange, as while the charge was legitimate, I had gotten into a bar fight in that year and pled guilty, this had never come up in the thirty transfers I had done since that time, or when I applied for and received my CHL in Multnomah County. I called the Jackson County Circuit Court records department in Medford, OR , in whose jurisdiction the event occurred, and they tell me they have never received a request from FICS for any court records. I asked them to email me the records in question so I can forward to FICS, which they did, and I have done, and also hard copies which I could also send in. I paid the $9 fee, and received them yesterday. I just sent them on to FICS in Salem with tracking and delivery receipt this afternoon 5/6.

JP9
Dear lord! That's ridiculous. Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

When I went in to pick up the rifle in January, the dealer told me I had been delayed, which we were both surprised by. We were later given a proposed date of resolution 60 days out. I began calling and leaving messages, faxing and emailing, but no response. When the proposed date of resolution came and went, my dealer called the FICS Unit and was told that they had received the document they were looking for, that it just needed to be uploaded into the system. Month three rolls around, and all this time I have continued with the above attempts at communication. At the four month mark, I got fed up and tried the dealer line. The representative told me that because it was the dealer line, she could give me no information, but that they call people back from the voicemails they receive and let them know what's going on. I told her I had received no such call, or communication via the other channels in four months. She took pity on me at that point and looked into the system. She told me that it was related to a 2009 disorderly conduct charge, that they needed to confirm that it wasn't related to domestic violence. That seemed strange, as while the charge was legitimate, I had gotten into a bar fight in that year and pled guilty, this had never come up in the thirty transfers I had done since that time, or when I applied for and received my CHL in Multnomah County. I called the Jackson County Circuit Court records department in Medford, OR , in whose jurisdiction the event occurred, and they tell me they have never received a request from FICS for any court records. I asked them to email me the records in question so I can forward to FICS, which they did, and I have done, and also hard copies which I could also send in. I paid the $9 fee, and received them yesterday. I just sent them on to FICS in Salem with tracking and delivery receipt this afternoon 5/6.

JP9
Good story man. Just think, if you'd been in downtown potland in the last two years assaulting police with frozen water bottles and breaking store windows, setting fire to garbage cans,.....And they busted you. You would have had your gun purchase sail right through!

Hope this get's settled for you quickly now. And there's no other issues in the future either.

JP9
Approved today and picked up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews