JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I happened to be over in Portland the other day and bought a shotgun...

as a WA resident, I was able to go into a store and buy a gun in Oregon...

If I buy from an online source, can I have the firearm go to an FFL in Portland and I just go that route for the transfer instead of paying the extra tax

You save on the tax, but you have your firearms registered with Oregon State.

Oregon keeps a formal registry even though there are people on the internet that tell you that Oregon doesn't register firearms.
Those people are mistaken.

How is this registry populated when I buy a gun from, say BiMart? Does the store provide them with the information about my new firearm?

The FFL provides the make, model and serial to the OSP as part of the background check. What the OSP does with the data is anybody's guess...

You save on the tax, but you have your firearms registered with Oregon State.

Oregon keeps a formal registry even though there are people on the internet that tell you that Oregon doesn't register firearms.
Those people are mistaken.

Clark County Sheriff office also keeps an unofficial registration too. A few years back when getting my CCW renewed the kind lady at the desk asked me if I still owned all of these guns(around a 100) and then told me I could do the Washington gun transfer paperwork to have them removed from my name....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top