JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is my second one. I stupidly let mine expire completely, even the grace period. So I reapplied on Dec 28. I got the letter saying my prints were no good, come back in, which happened before, five years ago. I didn't hurry because I knew the permit was not contingent on the prints. Last week I got reprinted (they won't work, they never do) and said please send my permit before waiting to hear back from FBI, because it has been over thirty days. She said okay, it will be sent early next (this) week. Mail takes one day; I still haven't gotten it. I don't want to draw attention to myself or get into a match with the county sheriff's department ladies. If I don't get it tomorrow and don't get an acceptable explanation when I call, what should be my next step? Remember, I want my permit, not a headache. My time is precious. Yes, I'm every bit as big a bubblegum as I sound.:mad:

Pacific PD tried to make me wait. Took 34 days to get it. On day 30 I contacted the Attorney General's office. I asked them to make a call.
I don't know if they did but a couple days later my permit showed up in the mail in a hand addressed envelope and my wife's new permit was in there. Hers only took 11 days.
I honestly don't know if the AG did anything or not. I don't believe they have any authority over the police but it seemed to work.
Here's a thread on it.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?121160-CPL-Renewal-Pacific

My time is precious. Yes, I'm every bit as big a bubblegum as I sound.

I feel your frustration. The most you can do is call and ask, be polite. You are not going to get far being rude or demanding but again, if you get the run around there isn't a whole lot you can do.

However, with all due respect - you should have renewed before past one expired - you even let the grace period lapse, but things do happen. If you had one before, you will get one again - patience , you have not been denied.

I hate the wait though, waiting for my AZ permit.

I submitted my application (original) at the Seattle courthouse in mid-December 2015. It took exactly 30 days to hit my mailbox. I was expecting a longer wait with the holidays just around the corner. I guess I was lucky.

Interesting, the site won't let me say the b word. I thought it was my phone's auto-correct. Well I guess you all know what bubblegum means. :D.

No I won't be rude. I did the slightly confused but earnest and stubborn bit two weeks ago, until she conceded the permit isn't contingent on the prints. That almost killed her. No worries, I am very result-oriented. I work in a maddening bureaucracy myself and know to hide my frustration. If I don't get it sorted this week I will take it upstairs. I don't want a battle or to make a point. I don't have time for that. Once I have it in my hand a polite, handwritten letter will be sent once I figure out who to send it to.

As for the lapse, I was simply shocked to realize five years has passed. :eek:

MEME.png

:p

Pacific PD tried to make me wait. Took 34 days to get it. On day 30 I contacted the Attorney General's office. I asked them to make a call.
I don't know if they did but a couple days later my permit showed up in the mail in a hand addressed envelope and my wife's new permit was in there. Hers only took 11 days.
I honestly don't know if the AG did anything or not. I don't believe they have any authority over the police but it seemed to work.
Here's a thread on it.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?121160-CPL-Renewal-Pacific

Oh, Pacific the City? They've had a bubblegummed PD since my dad was Mayor of Algona in the mid 1960s.:rolleyes: often the butt of many local jokes and feuds between various mayors and various chiefs. I lived in Algona for about 20 years 84 to 2004. Good for you calling the AG. They should not! be jacking around someone who is a good guy. Just under 3 years ago my first issue was 11 days from application to showing up in my mailbox.

Brutus Out

Last Edited:
The CCP, as with the drivers license (and many other regulated clearance) is a crock of BS. We should not pay for renewal, unless negativity on our part deems adjustment by our actions. Of which we DO have control of in our life.

That's my perspective

I finally received it. 3 weeks over due. Worth writing a letter? Probably, but to whom?
What dept was it?
Write police chief or equivalent, AG?, Mayor, etc. I would just bombard everyone. There is no reason to go over thirty days when some departments have a 10 minute turn around time.
Yes that's right. 10 minutes from walking in, filling out form, they print and issue to you. 10 minutes. Definitely complain.

My wife and I dropped ours off at the King County Sheriffs office downtown in Seattle mid December and it took 5 weeks. They both showed up the same day. I figured that the holidays had something to do with taking an extra week.

Wow, hubby and I got ours in Kitsap County. Applied Feb 28, 2013 and they were in our mailbox on Mar 7, 2013. Exactly seven days. Love our county Sheriff's office in Silverdale.

My wife and I had similar results with Kent PD. We had to wait a long while to get in, but received the CPL the next week.

Many counties , such as mine Yakima , mail it out on the 30th day. Ive had it in my mailbox the day after I filed in Cowlitz county. Its all up to the county.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top