JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering what the collective wisdom is on this scenario is:

Refurbing old 10/22. The practical stuff is done, now I want to paint it. I have a friend who has a paint booth. I have a contact allergy to most forms of epoxy after years of over-exposure working on my old boat. I am planning on doing a two-part epoxy matte clear-coat. My friend has a nice paint booth that sucks fumes like magic.

The rifle is in several parts: stock, barrell and receiver (bolt removed), trigger housing (trigger and trigger components removed), magazine release.

Can I take these parts (leaving at home the trigger, all the internal trigger workings, and the bolt and all of its workings, all of the pins), go over to my friend's place and paint the barrel, receiver, stock, mag release button, trigger housing AND leave the parts overnight so they cure nicely. Do I have to camp out at his place or can I come home and leave the parts there? Honestly, I feel like I should probably stay there overnight.

Related question -- can he paint the parts for me if I am not there (he's not only not allergic, he has better skills than I have)?

Your friend can legally do work on your gun as long as he doesn't keep it
overnight and you don't hafta be there. As I understand the law he can't have the gun in his possession for more than 24 hours at a time without an FFL

I sympathize with both posts above, but by the same token, I recognize the weird strings of events can happen which can cause perfectly reasonable people to end up busted and on the wrong side of a stupid law, so I'm going to play it safe -- either do the clearcoat at my place outside, or hang out with my parts -- looked up the cure time and it is only 12 hours, so not a big deal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top