JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The big thing for me about drinking and concealed carry is other people's perceptions.
Whether you are enjoying a Hot dog , fries and a beer at the stadium or a beer with your meal at a restaurant its probably no big deal.
Nobody would even notice.
After all many folks have a drink with dinner and are still okay to drive home after.
Guilty as charged.

But if I had to use my gun , then it would be my luck that all folks would remember was that I had a beer , then used my gun.
The news headline wouldn't be : "Concealed pistol carrier stops mass shooting."
But : "Drunk gun owner shoots up the place."

Is this worrying too much about what others think?
Maybe.
I do think that we as gun owners need to be above the common perception of what many people think of when the phrase gun owner is mentioned.
Any chance of showing gun owners as irresponsible , is one that I don't like to take.

Y'all do what you want , as long as you are safe.
As for me I won't drink and carry.
Andy

I don't do anything "Better" when I drink, I only think I do.

Say you're in Denny's having a burger and a beer and some psycho decides to attack you with a knife because… oh, I don't know… maybe he thinks you voted for Trump. You are concealed carrying and you defend yourself. All it takes is one ambitious prosecutor (but I repeat myself) to ruin your life because throughout his brainwashing years in public school and later at Harvard Re-education Camp he was indoctrinated regarding the inherent evil of guns and you've just given him the perfect headline: Drunken Redneck Shoots Poor Disadvantaged Youth in Restaurant In Front of Families with CHILDREN!

Of course you're innocent, and maybe that will come out after you've spent all your retirement savings defending yourself in court. But maybe not. Either way, your life will never be the same.

So as far as guns in sports stadia? That's great, but I'll pass, because I'm gonna want a hot dog and a beer or two on a hot summer night (I only go to baseball games), and I don't want it to destroy the rest of my life.

Yeah. It's a risk. But everything is a risk – always has been.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top