JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was thinking about this last night; If someone who is a WA resident and has a concealed carry permit and then moves out of state is said permit still valid in WA? Would you then only be responsible for renewal fees and such? Also would this be the same scenario for an OR resident who moves to WA?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but you guys come up with some good info

Yes permit is still valid as long as you renew the fees. You can just not pay the renewal and it becomes void, but why not just renew and have the permit if you travel?

As long as you change your address with them it's all good. With WA you just have to have your current address on your license, with Oregon I believe you have an updated card made for like $10-$15.

That is what I assumed but wanted to hear a second opinion. Figured the fedbeasts would try to scam a guy any way they could by making him re-apply and go through the whole process again.

Nope not as long as you renew it.
I did accidentally let my oregon card lapse and I heard I had to go through the whole process again, but when I went it they let me just redo my prints and pay the renewal.
I had to wait about 3 weeks for my card, but was nice and easy.
A lot easier to just pay it before it lapses.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Yeah and that was through Mult county.
My WA permit has been through Clark county and I've never had a issue with them either. Guess I've just luckily.

Never had a problem with my WA, OR or UT permits either.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

BTW, a WA permit ONLY covers pistols so they call it a Concealed Pistol Permit or CPL.

Deen
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

BTW, a WA permit ONLY covers pistols so they call it a Concealed Pistol Permit or CPL.

Deen
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

I figured that was the case, was just using a general term in the hopes that no one would point out my ignorance...thanks ;)

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

This year it says "Washington State Concealed Pistol License" on it.

Mine says "State of Washington License to carry concealed pistol".
My OR one says "Concealed Handgun License State of Oregon Multnomah County"
My UT one says "DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY Concealed Forearm Permit"

I should also add, you need to change your address with the issuing authority when you move, usually within 30 days, just like your drivers license.

Deen
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
WAC Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top