JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got my CPL in the mail the other day. I guess I was expecting it to be a laminated credit card size thing I could easily put in my wallet. Turns out, as many of you know, it is an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper, folded in a very odd way. What do others do to make it easier to carry, and last for five years?

Thanks!

Ty

My Oregon CHL is a credit card thingy, but I carry my car registration in my (small) wallet by photocopying it down to a reasonable (and readable) size. Maybe you could photocopy it to say 40% of the original size and fold it once or so.

If it is just plain paper, I would at least carry a photocopy so that when that gets destroyed, there was something to make another copy from.

You should contact the sheriff to see if it is OK to copy.

the card isn't a 8.5 x 11". the card's outline should be in a long perforated strip that takes up about 40% of the page. trim with a rotary paper cutter slowly shaving off each edge until its small enough to laminate into a cc size. fold the signature and bottom over the lip so its double sided with a bit overlap.

They didn't give you the option to have it laminated for like $3?

That's what mine is, but yes, it is a very odd size even folded up. It fits very tightly in my wallet, but it works in my Swiss Army tri-fold.

My dad just showed me his lastnight, I thought it was a joke. Seems really stupid. He cut his down, laminated it, and folded it.

Yeah, just do the trim excess off, fold where it says you shouldn't making sure not to lose any info in the crease and laminate it yourself. That's what the rest of us do. :(

I just consider it one more thing they do to make CCW harder to do. There's no good reason the CPL should be designed to be a size that doesn't fit in a wallet nicely.:(

Unless they have changed in the last few years the actual carry card is perforated part of the sheet. Remove it from the sheet and fold in half and mine fits in my wallet just fine. Good idea to get it plastic laminated in case you get wet. WAC shows have that service for reasonable fee. I keep the rest of the page for my records.

Thurston County allow no option, they charge the additional five bucks for ALL applicants, and it comes in the mail already neatly folded and laminated. At first I was a bit miffed about the no option thing, but they treated me so well, and I had the finished ticket in hand in ten days from the day I went up the hill to do it, I figure even if the fivespot IS extra, I didn't mind the tip for such good, fast, friendly service. I was impressed. By the way, this was just last summer.....

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews