JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you for posting this link. As an Oregonian, I can't vote on this measure, but I did just send them a donation. We've all got to pull together to defeat this anti-freedom nonsense.

I have just finished jury duty so I will go back to work tomorrow. I know some people in the office that hunt and do recreational shooting so I will let them know.

If your local news (paper/tv) in Wa. state is like mine, there's virtually no hope of getting this issue in front of the voters. I'll be taking out print ads (again) in my local Giant Nickel free paper. It cost me around 130 bucks for a 1 week ad to cover a lot of Eastern Wa. (Tri-Cities to Chewelah?) I'm hardly rich so ads will be what/when I can afford.
I would ENCOURAGE anyone/everyone to make a you tube video and get it up. It's free!

Social media people NEED to speak up. (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter) etc. Personally, I have none of these & have never used them. UNLESS WE make the public aware, as lawful upstanding citizens, of the wrongs in this initiative, we're going to be saddled with fighting it in the courts if it gets voted in. That's going to be spendy so we need to donate to the people/organizations going (maybe) to court. Better/cheaper to promote getting it voted down now instead of fighting it in the courts after the fact.... If anyone has access to MSM news, get ahold of them and give them a FACTUAL outline (not emotional) of the fallicies & wrongs of this initiative. We need this in the National news!
I plan on writing to MSM media (if I can did up some email addys) and see if I can get their ear.. Anyone care to join in? Writing to my local elected reps is a waste of time!

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Oregon, but will be taking a Paypal refund I am getting by Monday, and reapplying it to our Brothers and Sisters cause up North.

Last Edited:
I'll be donating to Second Amendment Foundation, I know that they we're first to attack on this issue.
I think this is so important, even for Oregonians. It seems they screw it up in California, pass it to Washington, and then white wash it for Oregon. Some may think oh its not us................., but it is us.

I'm definitely planning to vote no on this and would like to reach out to friends who may not have heard of it yet. I'm wondering if anyone has graded the initiative from a gun owners point of view which organizes the tentacles from really bad to just plain bad? Where I'm going is everyone is busy, many won't take the time to read about, or listen to commentary on this sort of thing, or they get the news from the mainstream media. It would be nice to have a quick, succinct story line so when I call my buds I can say "Jimmy, your'e not gonna believe this...".

I'm not being lazy here, I just suck at sales :(

I'm definitely planning to vote no on this and would like to reach out to friends who may not have heard of it yet. I'm wondering if anyone has graded the initiative from a gun owners point of view which organizes the tentacles from really bad to just plain bad? Where I'm going is everyone is busy, many won't take the time to read about, or listen to commentary on this sort of thing, or they get the news from the mainstream media. It would be nice to have a quick, succinct story line so when I call my buds I can say "Jimmy, your'e not gonna believe this...".

I'm not being lazy here, I just suck at sales :(

How about:

If your 20 year old son/daughter on active duty comes home on leave from a combat zone where they pack an M4, you go to the range and s/he plinks with a 10/22, they're going to be violating this BS law?

Or

How does annual life time background checks, including medical privacy waiver, and a waiver of liability for the state in case they screw up if you decide you want to buy a 10/22 sound?

Boss

How about:

If your 20 year old son/daughter on active duty comes home on leave from a combat zone where they pack an M4, you go to the range and s/he plinks with a 10/22, they're going to be violating this BS law?

Or

How does annual life time background checks, including medical privacy waiver, and a waiver of liability for the state in case they screw up if you decide you want to buy a 10/22 sound?

Boss

I'm getting the idea, this thing smells to high heaven, I need to be able to articulate it.

Video version.

And yeah, when people see the non-watered down version the MSM glosses over, they're usually more than a bit taken aback:eek:

Hell, to me, what's in the initiative doesn't even matter. As soon as I saw that an elite (Paul Allen in this case) supports it while owning a TANK, it was DOA. bubblegum you Paul Allen.

After mulling this over for a few days, I remember someone said this will apply to the LEO's as well. In that context, I wrote to my head County LEO & CC'd it to the county commissioners with some questions about how this will impact their offices time wise and financially.

My thought was if they see this as a huge burden, time wise and financially, perhaps they might be interested in stating they refuse to support it? I'll let everyone know what comes back, if anything, from them. I sent it off as an FOI request as well as to the head Leo.

Dan

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top