JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just heard back from the attorney general's office. The policy director, a Melissa Brearty sent me a n email spouting the same anti gun nonsense per usual. I would like to put together a small panel of gun owners to volunteer to go speak to her or preferably to the AG himself. Would anyone here who is calm, well spoken, having decades of experience, like to participate?

I don't want to make the offer until I can be sure of a good group.

Just heard back from the attorney general's office. The policy director, a Melissa Brearty sent me a n email spouting the same anti gun nonsense per usual. I would like to put together a small panel of gun owners to volunteer to go speak to her or preferably to the AG himself. Would anyone here who is calm, well spoken, having decades of experience, like to participate?

I'm a firearms owner and carrier for 45 years. Retired Social Worker(30 yrs). Up to date on latest news, stats.

I would go. I live near Olympia too. I'd bring my experience in LE as reinforcement that people with firearms do good things and save lives.

I'd be down to do it.

As long as there is enough notice to take the day off.

Ive been shooting for over 20 years, daily concealed carry for over 15.
Ive never been in LE/Mil. Im more of your 'everyday average guy' voice.
Father of three, active in schools and PTA for years.

Plenty of well thought out talking points in my head... Ive been to a number of hearings to testify... In fact, heading to Oly on Tuesday to see if I can say my piece at the House hearing on HB1068

Thank you to the folks going to this hearing. I'm a recent transplant but I've been hunting and shooting for over 50 years. And I am a retired Special Ed teacher which helps for the "From all walks of life" aspect I can't travel for this hearing because I had knee surgery today, but there will be others and I want to help fight this type of legislation.
To those of you making the trip, again, you have my gratitude.
Give them hell in the form of the truth.

I despise the anti constitionalists in our government but do not hear well enough to have a meaningful conversation with the ignorant.
Sorry, I'm a foot soldier not an officer.

Good luck to those able to hopefully knock some sense into the enemy.;)

I would be willing to participate. 34, have an MBA, not a daily carrier, work in finance, just a normal guy who values the right to self defense. Generally pretty good at keeping calm on contentious issues. I live and work in Olympia so would be relatively easy for me to attend.

To everyone,
Thanks for your response, my attempt to contact the AG has gone unanswered so far. The narrative they have likely as no place for rational discussion with affected parties of the proposed legislation.

The willingness you few have shown makes me feel honored to be here amongst you.

To everyone,
Thanks for your response, my attempt to contact the AG has gone unanswered so far. The narrative they have likely as no place for rational discussion with affected parties of the proposed legislation.

The willingness you few have shown makes me feel honored to be here amongst you.
Thx for the effort. Its a lost cause.....very few options left.

To everyone,

At least we can say that we exhausted all means....

You're giving up? Call his arse out PUBLICLY! Inform all media outlets that he refuses to listen to concerns from citizens and have a civil discussion with the people he represents.

Show proof of your attempts and proof of his non-compliance and avoidance.

Use liberal media channels as well. If you want to get their attention then you gotta soak their arse in gasoline and light the fire! (figure of speech...)

I'd be talking to all the local news stations, one has got to be interested in the citizenry not having a voice with the state government. You must have a local Fox station at the least. Perhaps they'd be interested in doing a piece on how your collective voices are being silenced...

It's worth a shot...

Yes

Even if we lose this round there is still a battle to be fought.
God willing, these BS bills will die in committee...

Complacency got us here, lets learn from that and always be on the offensive.

Public demonstrations when/where possible.
Cut and paste the same message to your elected officials... daily. Flood their inboxes.
Turn every gun owner into a radicalized gun nut.
Flyer distribution at gun shows, etc.
Hit up manufacturers, etc and let them know you expect serious lobbying efforts.
Beat on NRA, GOA, etc and let them know your money and membership is contingent on them making efforts to RESTORE rights as well as fight new infringements.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top