JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I'm Dave, I'm the secretary at Powder River Sportsmen's Club in Baker.

We bought 650 yard signs and 20 banners.

Our goal is to send 100 signs and 2 banners to reliable volunteers for placement in the Portland area.
Also, 50 signs plus 1or2 banners to teams in Salem, Corvallis, Eugene, Ashland, Medford, Roseburg, Redmond, Bend, Klamath.

Free. No charge.

Our overall plan: distribute signs, follow up with related paid ads, elevate awareness and "popularity" of opposition to 114. Proven electoral tactics.

We started by contacting gun clubs. We already have commitments from folks in Ashland, Roseburg, Klamath, and pending replies from Medford, Corvallis, and Salem.

So far, no response from TCGC in Portland or COSSA in Bend.
And, RRGC in Redmond said "No thanks." !!!

If you are a member at these clubs, and know other members who would like to help, organize a group and let's get it done. Your club does not have to be affiliated in any way.

My most urgent need today is contacts in Portland-Salem-Corvallis-Eugene.
Here's why: we have the opportunity to put 300 signs on a private vehicle travelling from Baker to Salem on Sunday, and the guy is willing to drop signs in PDX and Corvallis,
but we need confirmed reliable organizer/volunteers in those communities before we ship half our signs there.
I'll be working on this aggressively for the next 4 days.
If you can contribute, PM me a phone number and good time to call. Sooner the better.

Effective placement of 100 signs is a job.
Many hands make quick work.
We need help, but we also need to be confident the signs will be put to their best use.
If you can contribute, or if you know of folks who can, we need contacts.
email - info at prsportsmen.com .

Our signs have the stop114.com url.
They are the state leader in M114 opposition.
If every member of this board went to their site and donated $10, odds for success would increase.

Unity is required for political success.
The left is very good at emotion-based unity.
The center and right are very good at individualism. Not unity.
That's why we lose so often.

Put aside minor differences, unite in support of shared goals, or continue losing.

Thanks.

The signs are 24x18" and come with wire stands.
The banners are 5x3'.

SignSm.jpg

BannerSm.jpg

PM sent.

BTW, your comment: "If every member of this board went to their site and donated $10, odds for success would increase." is 100% correct. I hope people understand that their donation of up $50/person or $100/couple comes off the top of your Oregon tax responsibility. It's a tax credit. You get the money back. There is absolutely no reason for any Oregonian on this forum to not be sending money to OFF-PAC. It's not even a sacrifice at that point, it's really nothing out of your own pocket.

Thanks again for the PM's everyone.

PDX is looking better, got three guys who can place some signs. Anyone else?

Got one guy who can handle a few in Bend. Need more contacts in Bend/Redmond.

Anyone in Eugene?

Thx.

Thanks again for the PM's everyone.

PDX is looking better, got three guys who can place some signs. Anyone else?

Got one guy who can handle a few in Bend. Need more contacts in Bend/Redmond.

Anyone in Eugene?

Thx.

Just FYI for everyone, I am covering 99W (Pacific Highway between Newberg and Portland) in both directions.

Please PM baker3gun and tell him you can help plant some signs. It's FREE. And SUPER EASY To DO, if you are on your way to work anyway.

Thanks for your help, Bro's! We are ALL in this Together!

Mono1

If any one can drop a few yard signs here for me to put up in my lawn, I will cover your costs to do it! We have 500+ residents here who pass by my place daily, that's 500+ folks who would vote NO on 114 and be damn proud to do so!

If any one can drop a few yard signs here for me to put up in my lawn, I will cover your costs to do it! We have 500+ residents here who pass by my place daily, that's 500+ folks who would vote NO on 114 and be damn proud to do so!
I have some signs and am getting more in a few days. What area are you in? You can PM me if you like.

Hey @dancinghippos ,

I look forward to talking with you Fri or Sat.
Everything is on time here, signs arrive tomorrow, leave here Sunday or Monday.

I'm working to set up a drop point at a business in Tigard. Does that work for you?

Thx.

Just FYI for everyone, I am covering 99W (Pacific Highway between Newberg and Portland) in both directions.

Please PM baker3gun and tell him you can help plant some signs. It's FREE. And SUPER EASY To DO, if you are on your way to work anyway.

Thanks for your help, Bro's! We are ALL in this Together!

Mono1
Reach out to Sportsman's Air Park in Newberg, its the local privately owned airport that has several acres of land along HW219 from Newberg to St. Paul. They are a great location for LARGE signs along the highway. The owners of the airport are very 2A supportive. (Great little airport to fly into as well!)

Follow-up:

Done.
We shipped 550 signs to volunteers who are covering Portland-to-Eugene, Roseburg, Bend, Klamath, Ashland, Medford, and Grants Pass.
Most of the volunteers were contacts made through NWFA or arfcom, or by calling gun clubs.

OFF just bought 900 signs and 230 banners, most of them going to a team of NWFA members and other volunteers working in the Portland-Eugene region.

M114 can be defeated.
Law Enforcement is against it.
It's unfunded.
It outlaws ordinary shotguns.
It creates a register.
Proponents are telling people that it is an anti-AR15 law, but that is a lie.
When you tell people that it affects al guns, and what it really does, many change their mind and say they will vote against it.
Help spread that message.

This is a really good time for all types of gun owners to pull together to defeat a really senseless measure.
It will do nothing to prevent crime, because criminals ignore laws like this.
M114 only impacts law-abiding citizens.

I'm gonna ask Joe if I can start a GD thread for a NWFA group buy of signs.
If we start today and order next week, I have people waiting who can intelligently place 500 signs before Oct 10.

Thanks everyone,
Dave

Last Edited:
Follow-up:

Done.
We shipped 550 signs to volunteers who are covering Portland-to-Eugene, Roseburg, Bend, Klamath, Ashland, Medford, and Grants Pass.
Most of the volunteers were contacts made through NWFA or arfcom, or by calling gun clubs.

OFF just bought 900 signs and 230 banners, most of them going to a team of NWFA members and other volunteers working in the Portland-Eugene region.

M114 can be defeated.
Law Enforcement is against it.
It's unfunded.
It outlaws ordinary shotguns.
It creates a register.
Proponents are telling people that it is an anti-AR15 law, but that is a lie.
When you tell people that it affects al guns, and what it really does, many change their mind and say they will vote against it.
Help spread that message.

This is a really good time for all types of gun owners to pull together to defeat a really senseless measure.
It will do nothing to prevent crime, because criminals ignore laws like this.
M114 only impacts law-abiding citizens.

I'm gonna ask Joe if I can start a GD thread for a NWFA group buy of signs.
If we start today and order next week, I have people waiting who can intelligently place 500 signs before Oct 10.

Thanks everyone,
Dave
Law Enforcement should be against M114 as it is a backdoor way to sap LE agencies ability to stop crime. They will have to choose between using their already limited resources to process permits or fight crime.

The vast majority of Oregon businesses that sell or transfer firearms and sell magazines are small businesses. Voting no on M114 is supporting Oregon's small businesses.

Voting no on M114 is protecting Oregonian's rights.

Voting yes on M114 will only support criminals and give them a greater ability to victimize Oregonians.

Seems like a clear choice to me.

Has anybody here submitted a argument against M114 for the voters guide?

Thanks Arakboss.

You make good points.

Deadline for voter's guide submissions was 5 or 6 weeks ago, I believe.
I'm pretty sure OFF got one in there. Couldn't say who else.

Thx,

DS

I was one of the people that received signs from Dave. He sent me 100 and I've been able to place nearly all of them in just 3 days. The week before that, I was able to place 25 yard signs from the NRA in 2 days. If I would have had more signs last week, could have easily distributed another hundred. I expect that by this time next week, I'll have at least another 200 released into the wild.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top