JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the articles I referenced above, it sounds to me like the chances are low.

Normally with stuff like this it's "trial balloons". They are testing the waters at all times to see how far they can push till they get push back. It works as they just keep moving the line year by year. They will not get something this radical in one bite. So they take small bites while most sleep.

IMG_20190705_233155.jpg

Expect to see more of this unconstitutional rubbish in Virginia:
Democrats win full control of Virginia statehouse.

Gun control and clean energy groups affiliated with former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg spent several million dollars helping Democrats.

Expect to see more of this unconstitutional rubbish in Virginia:

Sadly again the voters get what they want. I am sure that state is no different than mine. A LOT of gun owners who either could not be bothered to vote, openly voted for the wrong side, or tossed their vote because the better choice was not good enough. So now they get to live with what they asked for. As soon as more laws go in the same people who did this to themselves will start to yell and scream. :s0054:

Sad to see the resting place of Thomas Jefferson turn to tyrannical leaders and despots.

Perhaps they will take up being arborists, there is a great quote about plant food from Jefferson that is especially good for freedom trees.

Sadly again the voters get what they want. I am sure that state is no different than mine. A LOT of gun owners who either could not be bothered to vote, openly voted for the wrong side, or tossed their vote because the better choice was not good enough. So now they get to live with what they asked for. As soon as more laws go in the same people who did this to themselves will start to yell and scream. :s0054:

This. Exactly.

That and the opposition is deluded into thinking that taking guns away from law abiding citizens is going to reduce crime, because that will make criminals magically disappear

Boss

This. Exactly.

That and the opposition is deluded into thinking that taking guns away from law abiding citizens is going to reduce crime, because that will make criminals magically disappear

Boss
Most of the voters who go for this garbage are "emotion" voters. They vote with their emotions, facts do not penetrate. The actual law makers I suspect know full well what they are doing is worthless on crime. May be a few of them who do this out of emotion too but few. Sadly this seems to work extremely well. People in charge have learned to play peoples emotions like a fiddle. Just look at how many of them when shown facts scream and yell since they do not want to hear any facts, their mind is made up. :s0054:

It was to my understanding that a no grandfather clause violates the law.
Can't take away peoples legally purchased property without fair market compensation or grandfathering in previously legally purchased items. If we win in 2020 and can stack the SC with sane judges.. this can get kicked up to them then ruled on permanently halting this overreaching, draconian nonsense.
You are not correct. When they prohibited anyone convicted of domestic violence, there was no grandfathering. It resulted in a lifetime ban with no way to seek remedy other than a Presidential pardon.

You are not correct. When they prohibited anyone convicted of domestic violence, there was no grandfathering. It resulted in a lifetime ban with no way to seek remedy other than a Presidential pardon.
Wouldnt a criminal charge justify that action though? Whereas a law abiding citizen with private property and no record would have more grounds for legal action.

Just how is it gun owners, in Virginia, being at 29.3%, (If you are to believe that number), of the population going to out vote the majority of the non gun owning population? The constant prattle of members demonizing gun owners for sitting on their butt and not voting when gun owners are NOT the MAJORITY of voters gets very tiresome. Perhaps rather than belittling gun owners we should figure out a way reach those that aren't gun owners and try to convince THEM that they should vote in favor of the right to self protection of ALL Americans?

You aren't going to convince Anti's of anything until bad things happen to them or ones they love. It takes something major to shake their world view that government exists to take care of and protect them. Then it can push them either way; If guns were involved, then All guns need to be banned (can you say disarm your local police?), or all of a sudden they may realize maybe they are responsible for their own families self protection.

Last numbers I read, Virginia voter turnout was about 43%
That means 22%, or a little over 1 in 5 decided who would represent them.
1 in 4 or 5 voters will try and take away your rights in Virginia.
That is still less than those that admitted to gun ownership. There are some that may not admit to owning or still believe in the constitution.

If someone is attacking your spouse, your parents, your children, who among us would not do everything in our power to protect them?
Keep that in mind going forward, we are a nation of laws, but if there is no penalty of breaking them, they mean nothing. 1 in 4 or 5 decide who and what should be prosecuted? No one asked me, how about you?

This effort to "modify" or take away the first, second, fourth ,fifth and sixth
amendment IS an attack on you, your spouse, your parents, and your children. Vote like their lives depend on it, they just might.
My .02

Well, if gun owners aren't voting, (we know there are gun owners that think we need stricter gun regulations :(), then I can only hope there is a special place in hell for them to rot after we/they have been disarmed. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top