JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I couldn't find a previous discussion thread on this.

Peter

Dramatic dash-cam video shows man in fatigues firing on Oregon officer - U.S. News

By Miguel Almaguer and Erin McClam, NBC News

Dramatic dashboard-camera video captured a man in military fatigues opening fire on a police officer during a routine traffic stop on an Oregon highway while the man’s three children waited in his car.

The man, identified by investigators as John Allen II, took a bullet to the chest from the officer and managed to drive a half-mile away before slumping in his car and dying. The officer was shot in the side but survived.

The stop happened outside Portland in August. The dash-cam video shows Allen getting out of the car and captures the officer, off camera, saying: “Please sit back in the car for me.”

Allen stands still, his right hand apparently on his back pocket. The officer yells: “Sir! Get back in the car for me now!” Allen then walks toward the officer, and — just as the officer yells, “Sir! Sir!” — opens fire.

Allen appears to empty his clip before taking off in the car. The officer is heard saying, “I’m OK.”

The children are 15, 13 and 10, and were not hurt.

“It’s upsetting, yeah,” said Deborah Morton-Hamlet, Allen’s aunt. “He was trying to take his children on a road trip.”

And yet, the family still goes for the sympathy angle.

“It’s upsetting, yeah,” said Deborah Morton-Hamlet, Allen’s aunt. “He was trying to take his children on a road trip.”

Keith

I've always said the average civilian doesn't NEED fatigues. If there were only common sense laws limiting these military style assault fatigues to police and military we could reduce the epidemic of gun violence. If only one life can be saved, shouldn't we try? :p

This happened not too far from me. All the details are still foggy. Everyone was shocked. Nothing about the incident makes sense, and this video adds no detail. It would be really nice to see the whole video.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top