JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why? The truth is that I have come to the very unpleasant conclusion that the only thing any veteran was after the end of WWII is a cheap mercenary.
I did my stint in the Army and was damn proud of it for a very long time.
Not so much anymore.
Not ashamed of it nor do I have any regrets. It is what it is.
I was a cheap whore to be used and abused for the powers that be in their sick and twisted power games and ego trips.

Why? The truth is that I have come to the very unpleasant conclusion that the only thing any veteran was after the end of WWII is a cheap mercenary.
I did my stint in the Army and was damn proud of it for a very long time.
Not so much anymore.
Not ashamed of it nor do I have any regrets. It is what it is.
I was a cheap whore to be used and abused for the powers that be in their sick and twisted power games and ego trips.

"the only thing any veteran was after the end of WWII is a cheap mercenary. "

Can you explain what that means? I guess I'm confused?

I was proud to serve my country and represent my family as the 3rd generation who did. Navy and Marine Corps.

I salute all of you and thank you very much for your service on behalf of our nation....

Semper Fi.

My thanks to the veterans is without question.
I also thank some of them in my own family.
Dad who fought in the Corps throughout the Pacific, Pelilou to Okinawa
My Uncle who took two hits and received 2 purple hearts, the 2nd was on the beaches of Normandy.
My grandfather who served in the Army Air Corps on the Burma road, India to China
It is why we are here and still speaking English and to everyone that served with them.
My service was a flyspeck in history in comparison.
I hope there are enough of us that remember to keep this country free of tyranny when the time comes.

Semper fi

Other than getting married and staying married and being a father to my daughter, military service is the most honorable and sucessful thing Ive ever done. It gave me a future.

On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month...or the nearest Sunday thereto...shall be set aside for the Service of Remembrance.....

This is the time set aside for of Remembrance Day in the British Commonwealth of Nations. From literally one side of the planet to the other, and in many places in between, this time is set aside for a two minutes of silent commemoration and reflection, to remember all those who made the ultimate sacrifice in time of war from the vast brotherhood in arms that was the British empire, and is now the British Commonwealth of nations - almost a fifth of the world's population in all.

Along with my former colleagues and erstwhile students in the Canadian contingent from JAC Molesworth, I'll be there tomorrow at Old St Swithun's church, Old Weston, Cambridgeshire, remembering the four-man crew of an RCAF Hampden that crashed while being pursued on its training mission by a German intruder. I care for their graves, and for a number of others in my local area, buried, as they are, among the population, usually not far from where they died. I look after another 30 or so in the adjacent villages of Houghton and Wyton, and it is an honour and privilege to do so. Over the years, thanks to the various RCAF squadron associations and the RCL, I've been able to take relatives to see the graves of their brothers, uncles and fathers, and it is, as you can imagine, a very emotional thing for us all. I take a moment to remember my grandfather, who died in WW1, and two distant relatives from the lower 48th, one of whom is buried in the American Military Cemetery at Madingley, and other just a few words and numbers on the Wall of Remembrance there, and who died in WW2.

Tomorrow, too, I'll think of all of you over there in our beloved lands of Canada and America, and all our current and past members of the military who put themselves in harm's way for our sake.

May G*d Bless them all and keep them safe.

tac - 33 years a soldier

'When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today'

'They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning,
We will remember them.'

This email came from Australia to tell us about what has happened here?

"No doubt about our US friends...when they say thanks they mean it. Quite a display."

Those who attended the game said it was extremely emotional to see the entire bowl of the stadium
turn red, white and blue.
It took 90 workers two weeks to get all of the colored pages mounted under each seat.

Each piece of cardboard had eye slits in them
so the fans could hold up the colored sheet
and watch the proceedings through the eye slits.

Lambeau Field

This is what ESPN failed to show you. Apparently, they thought their commercials were more important than showing this scene for about 5 seconds.

rERMjeH.jpg

sPyuHre.jpg

GUWK67F.jpg

TF7iNTf.jpg

I want to thank all Veterans who served their country so that others can live at peace and not worry.. May their service be never forgotten and always respected.

My father served in Vietnam and I called him to thank him today, because nobody else in my family did. I thank him every veterans day.

I always hear on this day that Firefighters, Police Officers and Paramedics should be honored for their service.

They are heros. Go towards the sound of danger. Setting aside fear for courage. They deserve to be thanked and recognised.
They should have their own day.

Just not this day.

I suggest we give them 9-11. They stood tall that day in 2001. The remembrance we have from that day is one of courage and service.

This is ‎Armistice Day. Veterans Day.
Whether the politicians and leaders got it wrong or right, we need to recall every year the sacrificial service of our veterans and their spouses. With the all volunteer service of today, those who serve may have more of a choice than those who were drafted. But the sacrifice remains the same.

For all who have served or are serving - Bravo Zulu. Thank you.

RicInOR I too would honor them IF they had served in the military, that is what this day is for. To me, Firefighters, Police Officers and Paramedics is just a job that they choose to do, they do not pledge their life to God and country with blood and sacrifice for our freedoms. So if they served they are honored, if not, then NO...

Thanks, i'd do it all over again, no matter how ''unpopular'' the war i was in was. Had a different thing happen to me this morning. I was in a 2 man line at the store. Guy in front of me. I bent over and picked up his gallon of milk for him, set it on the counter. He said, ''thanks'' he was maybe 50ish. Told him he was welcome. Then as we were leaving the the store, he said ''are you a Vet?" I said, i sure am VN 67-68'' he looked at me and said, "Thank you for your service" That's the second time in 40+ yrs I've been told that. I was almost overwhelmed. The neat thing, i honestly think he meant it. I feel Blessed to have done what i did, a truly real honor, in my eyes anyway, to serve my country. If i was young again, and had the chance, would i do it, YOU BET. From the time i was 5 yrs old, i wanted to be a Marine, and, i made it. Thanks to all you other Vets for your service.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top