JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like the end of all mental health programs and resources in the military. Anytime a GI goes to a mental health facility a medical records or clinical record is made. There are diagnostic codes and the records can be electronically reviewed. I doubt if anyone on active duty or in the reserves will seek out mental health (social work/psychologists/psychiatrists) help if they know of the consequences.

guys, it isn't like that at all. Having worked in both military hospitals and VA hospitals, this isn't a one size fits all diagnosis, this is the result of specific situations....I know that it lends itself to possible abuse, but that would take collusion on the part of more than one clinician, and I haven't seen that happen....

Watch this one carefully. If the attempt to disarm goes beyond those with PTSD then it only supports my hypothesis that the DHS is evolving to the new SS.

Peter

Agree; a lot of vets decide to give the VA a "power of attourney" (POA) when they file a claim. Such POAs are helpful in many ways because the myriad of regulations are "over a lot of heads".

It remains to be seen how the government will define (stretch the definition) of a vet who cannot handle their own affairs.

Looks like the government wants vets to run the floor-buffers in the FEMA camps.

The sad part is a lot of vets are not going to report/claim PTSD (or anything else), they will suffer without the peer support and counseling they would have received.

guys, it isn't like that at all. Having worked in both military hospitals and VA hospitals, this isn't a one size fits all diagnosis, this is the result of specific situations....I know that it lends itself to possible abuse, but that would take collusion on the part of more than one clinician, and I haven't seen that happen....

I certainly have seen the VA misuse it's authority. I've seen it LOTS of times.

I certainly have seen the VA misuse it's authority. I've seen it LOTS of times.

Amen brother, Amen. Nothing, absolutely nothing would surprise me coming from the V.A. They are absolutely unaccountable for anything that they say or do. Sadly, as a vet there is absolutely nothing you or I can do about it either. Nothing. I struggle in my dealings with them every single time I deal with them and have for many years. The V.A. system needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up or else abandoned completely. The smartest guy I've met at the VAMC is a custodian. The higher the level of employment the higher the level of retardation.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top