JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found the flag display cases. The good news is that I have three of them. The bad news is that it appears these were made in China. Nonetheless they are fine looking cases. See the pics below.

I am willing to donate these as a gesture of thanks to the family and loved ones of those who have served. I too am an Army veteran as you may have guessed by my forum handle. First right of refusal goes to the OP (I know he stated that he would prefer American made). The other two will be donated to the first vets or their family members that contact me with interest. I would prefer these get picked up in Everett but I will ship them if it is necessary.

View attachment 385148 View attachment 385149 View attachment 385150 View attachment 385151 View attachment 385155

old11bravo,
Thank you very, very much for looking into this on my grandfathers behalf. Though those cases are beautiful looking, it has always been my intention of finding a case made in the USA as I feel it would have meant a great deal to him. With this I am respectfully declining your more than generous offer.

However, I have been contacted in private by a member who's father (also a Veteran) might actually make one. Hopefully, I will be able to show it off and give credit to our member and his father for their generosity. The member is a well known slacker, so it could take awhile. :p;)

I'd like to thank all of you for responding, and hope to see more posts of your memories. I think it's important to keep our loved ones memories alive and help those who need to ....... to bury others.

Thanks again.

This picture of my grandfather was drawn back in 1943, by a fellow serviceman named Domaratius who was in his outfit . It was framed by Buckner's Art Shop, Topeka Kansas.

grandpa.jpg

Update:
I could not ask for any more than what I am about to tell you.

Ok, the name of the "well known slacker" is SKrueger. And he is NOT a slacker in any sense of the word. I am the slacker for waiting so long to get this done. Anyhow, he contacted me almost immediately about how his father, who is a Veteran might be willing to make a case for my grandfathers flag but that he would obviously need to contact him first. Well, SKrueger's father said he would be happy to help me out. Funny, I told them that my grandfather was from Kansas, turns out so are they and SKrueger moved out here awhile back. Funny how life throws these pleasant little things at you once in awhile.

To say that I am thrilled to have a Veteran, from Kansas no less, make a case for my grandfathers memorial flag is a huge understatement. I am not only thrilled, but honored and 100% humbled.

Thank you SKrueger for contacting me, and getting in touch with your father on my behalf. You and your father will always be in my thoughts and prayers. This is an act I have no idea how to repay, truly.

The honor is all ours ikemay!!

This world is small and I was shocked when you mentioned that your grandfather is from Kansas. I think it is important to honor those who have given so much to us all. My dad is a humble man and loves doing things for others where and when he can. Projects like this put a smile on his face. :)

When my grandpa passed away we were in the same situation as you. We wanted to honor him and his service.

We found: Military Medals for Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, & USCG

They are in Milkwaukie.

We drove over there with his DD214 and the few items he had.

They had A LOT of ideas. They also helped us get missing campaign medals and various other items. (Presidential Medal, Bronze Star, etc). He always told us that he hated the movie Saving Private Ryan. (I found out that it brought back way too many memories as he was on the second wave at Normandy.)

They had suggestions on how to display and arrange everything.

Very helpful people!

Last Edited:
My grandfather passed away many years ago and I have carefully held onto his burial flag all this time. I'm looking to get a case/shadow box for his burial flag. Please tell me where you got yours and if you liked it. It must be made in the USA, out of USA materials. Icing on the cake if it's made by a Veteran, my grandfather would have liked that.
Appreciate the help.

I live in Bremerton and make shadow boxes for the local Navy guy's when they retire. I am former U.S. Army. And love woodworking. I am in the hospital right now for a wheelchair injury. If your not in too much of a hurry I should be out of the hospital in a few weeks. If you want to see some of my work here is my web address.

Ozzy's Custom Shadow Boxes

If not interested you can buy flag display cases at Michael's craft store, not sure where theirs are made though.

Oz

I live in Bremerton and make shadow boxes for the local Navy guy's when they retire. I am former U.S. Army. And love woodworking. I am in the hospital right now for a wheelchair injury. If your not in too much of a hurry I should be out of the hospital in a few weeks. If you want to see some of my work here is my web address.

If not interested you can buy flag display cases at Michael's craft store, not sure where theirs are made though.

Oz

Dude you do some nice work!! Never like hearing of people hurt and in the hospital wish you a speedy recovery.

Oz

You do some really beautiful, work .... simply amazing. I want to thank you for your service, and wish you a speedy recovery. I also want to thank you for your offer, but SKrueger's father offered to make one a few days ago. He too is a Veteran, wood worker, and from the same state as my grandfather so I think that's terrific fit.

Again, thank you for your offer. I hope other's go and check out your work, it's really amazing.

Wishing you the best!

Shout out to all those who offered to help and their generosity for my request here on this thread. SKrueger and his dad are making it happen, and we'll be getting together in person. Reports to follow. :)

Update:

SKrueger's father built this memorial flag case for my grandfather's flag and sent me these pictures this morning. It's truly a thing of beauty. The stain is perfect, as is the edge treatments and the dovetailing just ties it all together ........ very tasteful. It's not just it's physical beauty, it's also the generosity and thought behind it. This is very humbling for me.

We (SKrueger and I) are hopefully going to be able to get together at his father's house and have a nice little memorial service type of thing. Now, if you knew my grandfather it will not be a solemn affair and it will most definitely involve some booze. I hear from a very reliable though sketchy individual that SKrueger's father still imbibes. :)

Anyhow, here are the pictures.

100_3414.JPG 100_3415.JPG

Last Edited:
No matter how we served, as long as we have surviving relatives, we need to be remembered. In my case, by living relatives won't care. (Hell, they don't care now).

May God bless all who served. Without them, we'd have no nation.

Update:

SKrueger's father built this memorial flag case for my grandfather's flag and sent me these pictures this morning. It's truly a thing of beauty. The stain is perfect, as is the edge treatments and the dovetailing just ties it all together ........ very tasteful. It's not just it's physical beauty, it's also the generosity and thought behind it. This is very humbling for me.

We (SKrueger and I) are hopefully going to be able to get together at his father's house and have a nice little memorial service type of thing. Now, if you knew my grandfather it will not be a solemn affair and it will most definitely involve some booze. I hear from a very reliable though sketchy individual that SKrueger's father still imbibes. :)

View attachment 391680 View attachment 391681

You sure know how to tug at an old veteran's heart. The beauty comes from the sacrifice, memories and the heartache nearly every veteran suffers in one way or another.

Unfortunately, most older veterans no longer have any family and when we die we're just cremated and forgotten. That's okay, God knows what happened. He remembers... The Almighty never forgets.

For this, may we, as His servants, be eternally grateful.

Update:

View attachment 391680 View attachment 391681
Nice job on the flag box, turned out nice.
Have a shot for me to toast your dad. RIP Sir, and thanks for your service. Well deserved, with respect Ibozzy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top