JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting, good to know. I wasn't aware of this, but it is not surprising.

Prohibited Activities
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
  2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

Copied from their acceptable use policy and marked in bold red color the relevant parts as it pertains to this subject.

I experienced the exact same thing yesterday on this site. I posted a WTB for a lever action in 22 mag and a random new member sent me a private message saying his friend in Texas Had one for sale And gave me his email.so I sent my email and he sent a polite message with pictures but it wasn't a 22 mag so I said no thank you. When I went back here to respond to the guy he deleted the message. Very suspicious

For safety, what do you folks usually use for gun related sales on here that are not ftf? Checks and wait till it clears? I recently had an older gentleman from the other side of the state sell me a Burris scope BEFORE I even sent payment bless his heart. First time I ever got a $300 scope before paying, I obviously made sure he got his money. My wifes grandpa, WW2 vet, has been scammed out of thousands of dollars with phone calls. Luckily he is fairly well off financially, and still kicking!

Last Edited:
Please report these. Use the report button which is In posts, as well as in private messages.

If the members discussed in the message above have a strikeout thru the user name...they have been dealt with.
Better yet, before one replies, report to mods and check to see if seller is for real or not.

04968ED5-9094-4F88-88CF-39992A1EEE90.jpeg

For safety, what do you folks usually use for gun related sales on here that are not ftf? Checks and wait till it clears? I recently had an older gentleman from the other side of the state sell me a Burris scope BEFORE I even sent payment bless his heart. First time I ever got a $300 scope before paying, I obviously made sure he got his money. My wifes grandpa, WW2 vet, has been scammed out of thousands of dollars with phone calls. Luckily he is fairly well off financially, and still kicking!

Mostly I have used PayPal and that was mostly for accessories/parts.

Once I sent a Postal MO because that is what the seller requested.

For all of those the seller was a long time member with a good history/feedback.

This is why I no longer hand attendants my card - I put it in the pump myself.

A couple years ago I had my CC number used to buy something online. I caught it immediately (within a few minutes as I have all purchases texted to me from my CC co.), called it in and got a new card. I am pretty sure my CC # was stolen at a Costco gas station (I buy almost all my gas there). Gas station attendants come and go and it is easy for them to put your card into a reader/etc. and steal its info.

I just used a card At Costco , it is the only way to get gas, The attendant was complaining of rising gas prices, I think that's a bad sign ,. :(

Not on this site but this morning at about 0815 I got a robo call on my cell phone that said it was from the Legal Department and told me I need to stop working right now and call them right back to stop immediate legal action. The thing is, I'm retired. So did they want me to put my book and coffee cup down?
Stop working? Ah! You're a citizen. All the others can keep working.

A guy on here sent me a mag . and ask i mail cash after receiving it. We made transaction and everyone is whole. Ive done 2 or 3 of those type deals. The old way of doing things is the best but very seldom seen now.

When/if you are sent an image of the firearm, make a screen shot of it and do a Google reverse image search. Scammers always crib pics from somewhere on the web and their stolen pic will turn up associated with a legit site.

If you send a USPS money order and it is a scam, it becomes Mail Fraud and the Feds will jump all over it.

I have a free app on my laptop called SCREENSHOT CAPTOR, probably just one of many similar apps that can save a permanent picture of any web page. After reading this thread, I'm almost tempted to post a few WTB ads just to lure in some suspect PMs to bag for the record. I say "almost" because I don't currently WTB anything, and I sure do not want to be "that guy", the one who energizes others to invest time & effort in sincere offers, but who then finds fault with all offers, or - even worse - just goes dark without explanation.

HOWEVER, if a few of members posting legit WTB ads were prepared to capture any hinky replies and then post those trophies, we'd soon have an excellent profile of what to watch out for. Problem is, that phony "new member" is almost certainly monitoring our threads and would probably remodel his approach quicker than viruses mutate.

Last Edited:
You can use Google and I believe Bing to search by image (i.e. you save and image and then load it into the browser for a search) to see how and were it has been used. So if you are dealing with Fred in Montana and you see all the photos originate from Buddy and Florida...might call that a clue. For those posting your firearms (and you with firearms pix) on social media...this is where they end up.
Tineye.com also works very well for image search.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top