JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
START READING THE LABELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a real eye opener!

Worth reading, although I'm sure you already know at least some of this . . . I thought this was very interesting. I was surprised by the "NO
NAME BRAND" and "PRESIDENT'S CHOICE", I thought they would be both the same.

*Well, add Safeway brand to this list... A couple of weeks ago I bought bread & butter pickles.... They were disgusting, soft & mushy..... They were made in India . I checked a jar of the Safeway brand relish (I bought it because I wanted a tall jar), ... Made in India ! What the heck, don't we have cucumbers in Canada ?

Anyway, I returned the pickles to Safeway, no problem there,explaining the situation, the customer service person said, "What?" --checked the label and said, "I would never dream they were made in India and I am not a pickle person; although I just bought a jar to take to a function, but I will bring them back tomorrow." I told her I would be phoning head office to tell them that Safeway Canada products should be made in Canada - Not India .

Next day I phoned the Canada Safeway head office customer service.
I had a nice, long and very funny chat with the rep. After telling my story, she asked, "Why are pickles made in India , what type of pickles were they...?" [Bread & Butter]. She said, "I just bought a jar last night being true to my Safeway brand . But I never read the label ." She could not believe that the pickles were made in India and said that she will return them ." In awe she said, "we have tons of cucumbers in Canada ."

She said she was writing up two reports, one to Corporate and one to buyers with my concerns. We both had a good laugh when I said, "...well, there is some good in this -- I will be reading my Safeway labels and not assuming because it says Safeway Canada that it is Canadian produce." I told her I will not be buying any products like this. She was really funny, then she said, "What about the relish?" I said it was comparable with other No Name products and I only bought it because I wanted a tall jar to put my Bick's relish in it but I will not be buying Bick's again because it is made in India . She then said, "I am going to write that one up as well... I just cannot believe it !"

Now you're telling me Bick's is not made in Canada ..... Anyone got a canner ???? Time for a revolt! Imported food we eat -- Interesting & scary food info here. Look even more carefully at labels now.

Did you know, Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China and so are most of Europe 's Best?! Arctic Gardens is OK .

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked "from USA " or Canada , the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than
Chicken poop) .

Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in in huge containers from
China and re-packed here .

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria.
Doesn't work anyway, big scam. If the country of origin is not clearly marked, beware . If unsure, ask an employee .

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for , packed by, or imported by ." I don't understand the lack of mandatory labelling inBC, especially the produce. In Ontario , the country of origin has to be clearly shown on the item in the store; not sure about other provinces .

I go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom.It's of some importance for all of us.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper -- than having it produced in Canada or at least the U S ?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN FROM CHINA .... SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS BUY THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND ; OR DOLE IS FROM CA.

Beware: Costco sells canned peaches & pears, in a plastic jar, that
Come from China .

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT . MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT AND THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH .

Recently the Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Gov't how
Chinese feed the fish... They suspend the chicken wire crates over the fish
ponds, and the fish feed on chicken excrement. Canadian Government
recommended and stressed NOT to buy any type of fish imported from China . If you search the internet and learn what the Chinese feed their fish you'll be alarmed, eg. growth hormones, expired anti-biotics from humans... Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries: Vietnam , China , Philippines ....

Check this out yourself .

BICK'S HAVE RECENTLY CEASED OPERATIONS IN CANADA -- DON'T BUY THEM .
Steinfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad !!! But manyNoName pickles are made in Canada .

Another example is canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from
Indonesia .. Next to them were President Choice brand... Product of Canada !!

Also check those little fruit cups we give to our children. They used
to be made here in Canada in the Niagara region, until about 2 years ago . They are now packaged in China !

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous
toys and goods to be sold in North American markets , the media wrings its hands and criticizes the Obama Administration and the Harper Government for perceived errors. Yet 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended !! Well, duh. Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges ?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF ... BUY ONLY ITEMS FROM CANADA & USA .

Look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in
China ' or 'PRC' (which now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another
product, or none at all . You will be amazed at how dependent you are on
Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without .

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use
real ones and benefit some North American farmer. Easter is just an example; the point is not waiting for the government to act... Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

Canadian Thermos bottles were made here for many years. Thermos sold
out in the 1990's and now the bottles, those that keep our food warm or cold are now made in CHINA . We lost---about 200 jobs !

THINK ABOUT THIS :

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese
goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favour - fast !! The downside ? Some Canadian /American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory .

Just one month of trading losses, will hit the Chinese for 8% of their
North American exports . Then they will at least have to ask themselves if
the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it

START NOW and don't stop .

Send this to everybody you know. Let's unite and show them that we are intelligent Canadians /Americans, and NOBODY can take us for granted . If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives... WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET !​

Monsanto puts just as much poisons and GMOs in most of the foods you eat, all legally, because of their billions in lobbying and paid-in-the-pocket puppet politicians.

Just about everything you buy in a grocery store nowadays is full of poison - literally.

It is not by random chance that obesity and cancer are skyrocketing in America. It is by design, via an agenda. Of course, as usual, the sheep will say baah to that.

Also, Aspartame is essentially a rat poison and is in 80%+ of the foods you buy in a grocery store now. http://www.lovethetruth.com/truth_about_aspartame.htm
Thank you for that Donald Rumsfield circa 1983.

Even the slightest bit of research will reveal that there is an active war going on against the sheep and they don't even know it. In fact, watch in amazement as they vote in Fluoride as an addictive to their water. A toxin.

As for the Chinese products, yes, they are substandard junk. But remember they sent us such things in exchange for useless digits/paper/monopoly money printed out of thin air. We should appreciate the fact that they send us ANYTHING. In the global economy, we are the bottomfeeders, the caboose. We have gone from being the greatest producers and innovators to the world's parasite in just 50 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be honest, I tend to worry less about "country of origin" and more about "content of food", I don't know if you've read the ingredient list in half of the products mentioned but there is a ton of crap you shouldn't be eating in "canned fruit" and "fruit cups".

When you have a food item that has 10-20 ingredients in it, how much do you believe that all of those different things come from the same source? do you really think the company spends a lot of time vetting all of their suppliers for each of those ingredients?

Especially when it comes to something stupid like pickles... make your own pickles!

Another thing to be aware of when you go to "farmer's markets" there are plenty of people who buy farm products at wholesale, and then take them to the farmers market and sell it at higher prices, representing it as a small farm or organic product.

I'm trying hard to avoid high fructose corn syrup. I'm no food expert, but I read in several places that it actually hinders proper digestion. This in addition to being complete garbage with zero nutiritional content.

Not easy to boycott since it's added to so many foods. Would rather eat plain old sugar.

Glad to see a few manufacturers taking the initiative to label products that don't contain it.

I NEVER EVER, EVER (ever) buy any food items, candy, or beverages marked from China.... EVER.

Remember the poisoned dog food episode not too long ago?

I tend to draw the line on food products from China because of this and a powdered milk scare that sickened/killed some Chinese kids a while back also. Domestic food is a slow killer and I'm poisoned up to my eyes already I'm sure.

I'm trying hard to avoid high fructose corn syrup. I'm no food expert, but I read in several places that it actually hinders proper digestion. This in addition to being complete garbage with zero nutiritional content.

Not easy to boycott since it's added to so many foods. Would rather eat plain old sugar.

Glad to see a few manufacturers taking the initiative to label products that don't contain it.

You really shouldn't even eat that. Try honey, real maple syrup they have lots of minerals.

Also, it's good practice to stay out of the aisles in grocery stores. Only shop the perimeter--everything you need is there, everything that is poison is in the aisles. Think about the layout of the store: vegetables, fruits, meats, fish are all on the outside. Canned, processed, dyed, sodium-rich, cancer-causing crap is all in the aisles. Avoid it and live better.

I never noticed something about HFCS vs. real sugar until my brother mentioned something he noticed.

He said that on a hot day working in the yard that he could drink most of if not all of a 2L HFCS Coke bottle and think nothing of it. But if he drank a "real sugar" Coke he would drink it and maybe not even finish it, and be done and then just want water.

I did some experimenting and noticed that I finished the "real sugar" Coke and was done, with any soda pop for the day or even a few days.

If I use HFCS syrup on my pancakes I eat not only more syrup but more pancakes.

Same with ketchup.

The small bottle pickles seem to be the ones from India/China, what ever. I use the Nalley's "Country Dill" in the big bottle. They used to have Banquette and/or Garlic dills. Interesting, I just looked on my bottle and just above the "call ********** with questions or comments 800 number it said "Also try our baby dill pickles". I'm going to call them when I'm done here.

All canned mushrooms in my local store are from out of country. Instead buy five or six large brown or white mushrooms for $3.99 a pound. The ones that are open on the bottom lose half their weight and have a deeper flavor. Sautee in a bit of butter, a splash of water and salt and they beat the heck out of canned.

On another food issue.....The injecting of salt/sodium solutions into chicken and pork. Kroger/Fred Meyer chicken is injected. All pork at Winco is injected, check the labels. Chicken now has to be labeled 3%-6% retained water due to the processing, doesn't mean anything added.

I'd like to see the US Government implement some restriction on the use of salt, can't hardly stand the salt content in a NON-mechanically separated content hot dog anymore! Who needs that much salt for hells sake.

Mike

Don't know if I should be concerned over Indian pickles as I am over Chinese stuff. China has a history of lethal food products containing melamine. India doesn't yet. Plus pickles are pretty basic. I know a lot of produce we eat comes from South of our border as well. God only knows what happens to it before we get it.

The small bottle pickles seem to be the ones from India/China, what ever. I use the Nalley's "Country Dill" in the big bottle. They used to have Banquette and/or Garlic dills. Interesting, I just looked on my bottle and just above the "call ********** with questions or comments 800 number it said "Also try our baby dill pickles". I'm going to call them when I'm done here.

All canned mushrooms in my local store are from out of country. Instead buy five or six large brown or white mushrooms for $3.99 a pound. The ones that are open on the bottom lose half their weight and have a deeper flavor. Sautee in a bit of butter, a splash of water and salt and they beat the heck out of canned.

On another food issue.....The injecting of salt/sodium solutions into chicken and pork. Kroger/Fred Meyer chicken is injected. All pork at Winco is injected, check the labels. Chicken now has to be labeled 3%-6% retained water due to the processing, doesn't mean anything added.

I'd like to see the US Government implement some restriction on the use of salt, can't hardly stand the salt content in a NON-mechanically separated content hot dog anymore! Who needs that much salt for hells sake.

Mike
I've read labels for years. Kind of important to know what you're ingesting.

The pork is really annoying because I like smoking it which means I want to put my own rub on it.

The amount of sodium in processed food is insane. My dad was placed on an ultra low sodium diet and it really woke my parents up to how much salt is put in the food they were eating.

What bothers me the most about the pickles is that its cheaper to make them in India and ship them than it is to simply make them here. Could there possibly anything cheaper to make than a pickle? Labor is barely part of the equation.

Japan just rejected a huge flour order from the USA due to GMOs being detected.

All these other countries are at least making efforts to shield their people from these poisons. Not here though, in deluded, dumbed-down America. We gobble down cancer-causing, DNA wrecking GMO poison like hungry ducklings.

We are being systematically poisoned and weakened, deliberately. But of course, the 98% will never accept that fact. Drones don't care.

They are buying Smithfield Foods which includes the Smithfield/Armour/Farmland brands. Didn't know about chicken, but doesn't surprise me. Pretty soon the last few things "Made in America" will be "Made by China".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top