JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at BiMart tonight and they had the Versacarry, on sale for $14.32. At that price I couldn't pass it up. I like the minimalist design as I hate bulk and feeling restricted. So far my list of pros are that it really is no bulkier than carrying the pistol itself. The retention really surprised me as I didn't think there would be much, but I can shake it (within reason) upside down and the pistol doesn't come loose. It is also made in the USA. The cons so far is that I'm fat so appendix carry is out. I will probably have to tuck in my tshirt to remain comfortable (I don't tuck in shirts at work, church, funerals or anywhere else) unless I carry it small of back, top of crack. It is also plastic so I don't know how long it will last. Anyone else use the Versacarry and like it? Or tried one but now have a$15 piece of plastic sitting in a drawer? General thoughts on it?

IMG_1630.JPG IMG_1631.JPG IMG_1632.JPG

I have the Versacarry for all of my semi-autos and can't think of any negatives. The G43 goes with me everywhere.

That reminds me. I'm assuming with a round chambered? One of my main hesitations with this is that one side of the trigger is exposed. I can't think of a way anything can get lodged in there and discharge the firearm unless I'm really trying, but something does feel a risky about it.

NWWoodsman, thank you for purchasing our holster! I'd love to discuss some of your concerns/issues as well as discuss the general complaint we get on carrying a round chambered. Let's start with the big one, why do we recommend carrying NOT cocked and locked?

Here is the answer we have on our FAQ:

Can a user carry with the Versacarry® cocked and locked?

Like many in the firearm industry, we have adopted safety warnings that insure anyone who uses a firearm is safe. We cannot know the level of firearm or safety training a user may have, so for safety, we recommend not carrying a loaded firearm. Any user should always fully read their firearm's instruction manual and carry under the manufacturer's recommendations.

To explain this a bit more, we have to take the stance as a company not to recommend carrying a loaded firearm because there is no way for us to know the skill level of any customer. You could be a seasoned vet or a newbie greenhorn, for us to recommend you carry a loaded firearm would be a legal fiasco.

TL:DR This is not to say the device is unusable or won't operate as intended with a fully cocked and locked firearm, simply that we as a company can't recommend you do so.

Moving on, we generally recommend carrying in the 5 o'clock or 7 o'clock positions and not directly in the small of your back. That being said these holsters can be worn in any position along your waistline as IWB carry. We do have a new product that is available for some models of handguns called the Versacarry Pro and it is usable as IWB or OWB, while still being inside your belt. They can be found here: <broken link removed>

Lastly, when you make a purchase from our website at www.Versacarry.com you not only get access to our 30 day money back guarantee as well as our limited lifetime warranty. All for $20. Not something most of our competitors can say. Please give us a call at 1-855-278-9678 if you have any additional questions or wish to place an order!

I was at BiMart tonight and they had the Versacarry, on sale for $14.32. At that price I couldn't pass it up. I like the minimalist design as I hate bulk and feeling restricted. So far my list of pros are that it really is no bulkier than carrying the pistol itself. The retention really surprised me as I didn't think there would be much, but I can shake it (within reason) upside down and the pistol doesn't come loose. It is also made in the USA. The cons so far is that I'm fat so appendix carry is out. I will probably have to tuck in my tshirt to remain comfortable (I don't tuck in shirts at work, church, funerals or anywhere else) unless I carry it small of back, top of crack. It is also plastic so I don't know how long it will last. Anyone else use the Versacarry and like it? Or tried one but now have a$15 piece of plastic sitting in a drawer? General thoughts on it?

View attachment 319415 View attachment 319416 View attachment 319418

Never heard of the Versacarry. I have (2) of the Bladetech Klipt holsters as they are minimalist and cover the trigger on both sides. $19.00 each as I recall.

Personally I would never carry a 'holster" who's manufacturer does not provide a form of trigger protection. Furthermore a company who suggests not carrying a firearm "cocked and locked" due to the absence of trigger protection well....

If you are interested in a Safe and functional Trigger Guard holster, I offer a much safer design at a reasonably similar price point. $20 for nwf members. Please see images and video below.

Please PM if interested.

IMG_20161026_160305485.jpg IMG_20161026_160756487.jpg

Last Edited:
Personally I would never carry a 'holster" who's manufacturer does not provide a form of trigger protection. Furthermore a company who suggests not carrying a firearm "cocked and locked" due to the absence of trigger protection well....

If you are interested in a Safe and functional Trigger Guard holster, I offer a much safer design at a reasonably similar price point. $20 for nwf members. Please see images and video below.

View attachment 319562 View attachment 319568

Nice, I've got to try one. Do you have a website I can order from?

View attachment 319562 View attachment 319568

I would like to purchase one as well.

So, I've carried The Kimber now for just a few days, cocked and locked with a live round chambered, in the VersaCarry. I feel pretty comfortable with the fact that the trigger is protected from the outside, there's nothing I could imagine getting between my body and the trigger that would cause an accidental discharge...

Carried strong side, just in front of the hip, very comfortable...

Negative comment would be that grease/oil that may come off the Kimber will now be exposed directly to my clothing rather than an encasing holster... Otherwise I believe the VersaCarry will turn out to be very useful.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:
So, I've carried The Kimber now for just a few days, cocked and locked with a live round chambered, in the VersaCarry. I feel pretty comfortable with the fact that the trigger is protected from the outside, there's nothing I could imagine getting between my body and the trigger that would cause an accidental discharge...

Carried strong side, just in front of the hip, very comfortable...

Negative comment would be that grease/oil that may come off the Kimber will now be exposed directly to my clothing rather than an encasing holster... Otherwise I believe the VersaCarry will turn out to be very useful.
View attachment 319671 View attachment 319672

Call me paranoid but i would be afraid of clothing like a tucked shirt being bunched up in the trigger. But that's me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top