JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WTH is happening with Verizon?

I've had them for over 20 years and I've never seen so many dead zones. Was on SE Hawthorne tonight and from 40th to 48th completely dead.

Can't go near the top of SW Terwilliger. Dozens of other places also.

Anyone else have recent Verizon issues?

I have been using the same phone for four months so I doubt it is that plus a friend of mine said the same thing is happening with his phone.

*** KNUCKLEHEAD UPDATE *** 0216

Most of my issues were caused by a third party case with a metal back. Blocking the antenna. Luckily a buddy of mine brought that possibility to my attention. Didn't have to go make a jerk of myself at the Verizon Pioneer Square store ......

Avoid any aftermarket case like this one I bought, in black http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Alumi...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item2a37dec42e

My work phone is a Verizon and I can tell you that the service and phone are both junk from day one (about one year now). All of us service techs are stuck with the dang things because the boss won't get us anything better.

Seriously now, although I can't speak to the issues Verizon is having I am in the communications field. I'm making an educated guess they are in the middle of upgrading their cell sites and/or equipment. Again, this is an educated guess. YMMV

WOW I drive truck and live in Silverton and Verizon is far and away the best coverage any of us guys have found. We range from Portland to The Dallas E-W at the top of our range to Eugene to the south The coast from about Hebo to Newport and on the East side 10 miles East of Sandy down to Estacada to Detroit to Santiam Junction to Sweethome.

very very few holes that don't involve physical barriers.

Most of the guys I know like their Verizon service. Sprint on the other hand sucks and drops way too many times. Can't get service reliably in buildings down town and in remote areas like Prineville/Umatilla etc it's go out side and stand in one spot with the right leg lifted kind of service.

My personal ATT service works great everywhere that Sprint doesn't

me to.. I was in downtown los angeles this fall & winter, and half the time I had no service, been with Verizon for 5 years now. but on the flip side, I was in ely Nevada, this summer and all my cohorts could not get service on at&t and I could get full bars on Verizon.

Tmobile must lease from verizon.?
I have had several people tell me their tmobile crapped out on them also, within the last couple weeks.
Other than a sat phone, I dont think any of the services are more than 60% reliable.
Cell phones are the last form of comms you want in an emergency.
That just proves the point.

Tmobile must lease from verizon.?
I have had several people tell me their tmobile crapped out on them also, within the last couple weeks.
Other than a sat phone, I dont think any of the services are more than 60% reliable.
Cell phones are the last form of comms you want in an emergency.
That just proves the point.

Pretty sure T-Mobile and AT&T use compatible networks. Verizon is different.

Only one place doesn't get good service and that's in my shop.
But no one gets gets good service no matter the carrier inside our shop.
I haven't noticed anywhere else where it drops out. Usually no less than 3 bars anywhere.

I find my Verizon service works where others' doesn't. Haven't personally experienced very many holes in the coverage net. I was on the 26 between Portland and the coast when a driver, who had broken down, flagged us down. He asked if we could give him a lift to the next rest stop, since there was no cell service, so he could use the pay phone to call AAA. MY buddy checked his AT&T phone and sure enough there was no service. I pulled out my phone and had almost full service. Let the dude make his call for help and we were on our way.

In 1988 I was tooling around in a 1986 Toyota MR2 with an integrated analog Audiovox mobile phone.

It was $55 + .25/min.

So the monthly bill wasn't a whole lot more than I pay now and it had the wow factor. It's service area around Portland was as good of quality as the service today.

Sad that in 25 years the core service hasn't improved with all the supposedly technology. I pay Verizon $117/month. By now it should be $25/month. I pay Comcast $250/month for TV/Internet/landline. That should all be $50/month. I pay Broadvox $88/month for SIP trunking. That should be near free.

Overpriced crap.

Our MDC's at work use Verizon and it works very reliably, remaining connected for 30-40 hours before the computer itself needs a restart. In fact, all the MDC's in Multnomah County (Police/Fire/EMS) use Verizon and it's still working reliably for the small amount of data that is used. My Verizon phone works well too :s0155:

Ive never had a complaint about my service in and around Portland all the way to Tillamook. I go fishing with my Uncle a lot in in between Hillsboro and the coast and my phone is usually the only one with service.

Have had both T-Mobil and AT&T, with either one I couldn't get a signal at my desk at work. Switched to Verizon and can get a good signal in the basement, any of the interior rooms and even the elevator shafts. Did switch to PagePlus through Kitty Wireless. The use Verizon towers but my bill went from $120 down to $25 a month and I still have the great service. Don't have a many minutes though but I never came close to using them anyway.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top