JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I edited my first post. I caused most of my problems by installing a custom metal case on my phone.

That's good to hear you solved your issues Burt.

FWIW to everyone I have a solution to a related problem.

The wife and I also had smart phone case issues with our Galaxy S3's. The first case we used to give our phones some protection was Otterbox. The silicone outer shell thingy "grew" and didn't fit right after about a month. It "grew" more and more until the wife couldn't stand it anymore and told me to get us something else. My research showed this issue with Otterbox was not isolated to just us. There were a lot of other folks complaining of the same thing. It pissed me off after spending around $100 for our cases.

My further research turned up this: Ballistic case

I picked two up off of Amazon. Hint: They can be had for much less. Like around $25.00.

Amazon.com: Ballistic Maxx Case for Samsung Galaxy SIII

However, the screen protector that comes with it sucks. So I found these:

Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protectors

They made a huge difference. They make it seem like there is nothing on the screen.

In 1988 I was tooling around in a 1986 Toyota MR2 with an integrated analog Audiovox mobile phone.

It was $55 + .25/min.

So the monthly bill wasn't a whole lot more than I pay now and it had the wow factor. It's service area around Portland was as good of quality as the service today.

Sad that in 25 years the core service hasn't improved with all the supposedly technology. I pay Verizon $117/month. By now it should be $25/month. I pay Comcast $250/month for TV/Internet/landline. That should all be $50/month. I pay Broadvox $88/month for SIP trunking. That should be near free.

Overpriced crap.

I say OUCH to some of those bills. I shell out $139 a month to Comcast for TV/Internet - they tried "upgrading" me to a package with landline, claiming I'd pay the exact same price for 12 months or some such when we moved - they were full of crap. They charged more to add the phone line, then all the stupid phone fees and taxes and it pushed the bill upto $200 a month. I cancelled that package and went back to 35Mb interweb and expanded cable. If I could ween the wife onto Netflix and other 'net based TV watching - we could scale that back to less than $100 a month for just internet. I agree that it is too damn much.

If the cell companies that lease use of other companies towers, like Virgin Mobile and T-Mobile and Boost Mobile can charge $50 a month for unlimited talk and data - $100 a month or more to Verizon or ATT is a ripoff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top