JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am currently talking to a guy about his browning hi power 9mm. I do not know enough about them or the value of it.

91E5E991-815D-4E3F-8797-9D9D7F1E9BAF.jpeg

Belgium made Hi-Powers are most valuable. I do not know what they are worth in their original state but a fair market value seems to be in the $900 - 1200 range.

Is it original? The colour does not seem so.

Belgium made Hi-Powers are most valuable. I do not know what they are worth in their original state but a fair market value seems to be in the $900 - 1200 range.

That is what I've seen in recent memory too; floating around a grand, give or take. I saw a gorgeous example of one out a the coast a year or so ago, but couldn't justify the cost. I remember growing up my father had two 9㎜ pistols; one a Hi-Power the other an Astra. The latter was the first firearm I ever shot. But, I digress.

Personally I really like the old P35 "Grande Puissance". My Inglis was my first 9mm, many years ago. Sure, there are newer and better guns around nowadays, but there's just something about the old Hi-Power.

I'm going lower than anyone else- small single side safety and biting spur hammer- C series maybe ?
looks like Sniper grey cerakote or similar- possibly some pitting covered up at the front of the dustcover
It's value is as a shooter, so I'd put it $500 tops .....and as a shooter, well, there's plenty of surplus MkII and 3's with better sights and better ambi safeties at around the $450 -$500 mark. Yeah, they'll possibly look a bit rough, but they're usually ( given the trigger ), pretty good shooters

looking at it some more.... the grips are cut for a lanyard ring, the mag release is smooth rather than checkered and the slide markings don't seem right...any chance you got a pic of the serial number on the front of the frame ?
starting to look more like a parts gun or FEG based fake HP.....so $350 tops....

The last Hi Power I bought, I got at a good deal. That was in 2007. I paid $650 for it back then - it was a Belgian made FN, deep polished blue finish and walnut grips. That same gun today would go for over $1000.

This gun - not the blue finish - may or may not be factory finish. I'd offer $800 and see if we could dicker a little, IF I could thoroughly examine the gun and make sure its fully functional.

Cannot say whether the finish is genuine or not, since the only FN Hi Power I have had was a blue finish.
Other questions - has the owner removed the magazine safety feature?
Ultimately, nothing wrong with paying too much for a gun if its the one you want.
If it's the Hi Power action you want, you can also look for FEG copies, which I have seen in the $300-$400 range, IIRC.

My own original Browning Hi-Power, bought in 1969, had a beautiful blued finish but plastic grips. It was made by Fabrique Nationale, and until 1997 I used it to win competitions in yUK and Germany, shooting for the Army and the Tri-services. I had ten magazines, and since we were not allowed to do anything to the gun except clean it, I 'cleaned' the fronts of the mags until they looked like chrome. This really smoothed out the usually-gritty trigger. I'm not going to tell you the serial number, but here is one just like it that I get to shoot over in Oregon. THIS pistol is ex-Portuguese coast Guard, and has an odd finish - presumably to make it salt-air resistant. It shoots like a mad thing.

1579080989584.png

I used to practice with it around three times a week, and as I constituted a 'minor unit' - all by myself - I had a virtually unending amount of free ammunition - 27,500 rounds per year, to be precise.

Thems was the days, eh?

I'm going lower than anyone else- small single side safety and biting spur hammer- C series maybe ?
looks like Sniper grey cerakote or similar- possibly some pitting covered up at the front of the dustcover
It's value is as a shooter, so I'd put it $500 tops .....and as a shooter, well, there's plenty of surplus MkII and 3's with better sights and better ambi safeties at around the $450 -$500 mark. Yeah, they'll possibly look a bit rough, but they're usually ( given the trigger ), pretty good shooters
I too was thinking $500 maybe a bit more if it has not been too horribly molested. The re-finish will make it even more difficult to obtain a good sight picture on the marginal/horrible HP sights. Some HQ trigger work, a Bar-Sto or other SS match barrel and all bets are off. As it is, it's only a shooter grade, no matter what.

Why not buy it and love it for what it is, rather than try and morph it into something it isn't?

The GP35 was THE very first hi-cap double-stack magazine SLP ever devised, and is a masterpiece of minimalist gun design. You can strip and assemble it and put it back together in less than 30 seconds, and it will shoot 14 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger. One photograph of me in the 'Soldier' magazine back in 1979, taken at our Corps Day shoot, clearly shows four empties in the air beside my arm as I loose off the contents of a mag at three targets in a row. Jerry Miculek I wasn't, but I was good enough to beat everybody else so often that they banned me from competing for two years in the hope that I'd slow down enough to give them a chance.

Three years later I started up again in comps and blew them into the weeds with my 272x300 score - the nearest to me was 191...

The 'if only's' stretch from here to there and back again, but if I could only have just one handgun, that would be it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top