JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all, long time listener here

I have a .357 desert eagle Mark 1 here with original paperwork, cleaning kit, aimpoint 2000, and desert eagle scope mount from the factory and I am kicking around the idea of selling it but I'm unsure about its value either as a collector piece or as a shooter.
This fine handgun is a 5 digit serial number 14xxx and has about 200 rounds down the pipe. I have all original items except for original cardboard box, the old man I got it from said he threw it away and put it in the hard case the day he got it. I believe I even have the receipt for it but my memory is not worth counting on. Let me know if you would run this as a shooter or show it around as a safe queen and help me find a good price if you could.

photos to be uploaded soon, TYIA
Tylor.

Pictures as promised.

Screenshot_20231207-215354_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231207-215317_Gallery.jpg 20231207_213408.jpg

I have the .44 magnum version and it is a lot of fun. I have no idea what the value is, but if you didn't put any of those 200 rounds down the pipe, that is if it was only fired by the guy you got it from, shoot that thing! What's another 100 or 200 rounds gonna hurt? Even if it's a "collector" instead of a "shooter", another 100 rounds isn't going to have much effect on value unless it's unfired since the factory.

I feel I should also warn you that this is exactly the type of gun that often turns up in those depressing "Guns you regret selling" types of threads here on the forum.

Sweet gun. Best of luck to you.

I have the .44 magnum version and it is a lot of fun. I have no idea what the value is, but if you didn't put any of those 200 rounds down the pipe, that is if it was only fired by the guy you got it from, shoot that thing! What's another 100 or 200 rounds gonna hurt? Even if it's a "collector" instead of a "shooter", another 100 rounds isn't going to have much effect on value unless it's unfired since the factory.

I feel I should also warn you that this is exactly the type of gun that often turns up in those depressing "Guns you regret selling" types of threads here on the forum.

Sweet gun. Best of luck to you.
Luckily I have a .44 as well so the regret will be cut in half. I put every round down range, the man I bought it from thought they were glocks (retirement gift) but I paid $2,000. Every round that was 158 grain or higher worked perfectly and accurately. I forgot to mention that it has two 9 round mags dated 1985.

Last Edited:
Hello all, long time listener here

I have a .357 desert eagle Mark 1 here with original paperwork, cleaning kit, aimpoint 2000, and desert eagle scope mount from the factory and I am kicking around the idea of selling it but I'm unsure about its value either as a collector piece or as a shooter.
This fine handgun is a 5 digit serial number 14xxx and has about 200 rounds down the pipe. I have all original items except for original cardboard box, the old man I got it from said he threw it away and put it in the hard case the day he got it. I believe I even have the receipt for it but my memory is not worth counting on. Let me know if you would run this as a shooter or show it around as a safe queen and help me find a good price if you could.

photos to be uploaded soon, TYIA
Tylor.
When you figure out what you want, let us know. One of my bucket list guns is this, but I'm frugal and always look for a deal. Very nice pistola'

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews