JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why have they never thought of just dropping them out of a very high plane, or chaining them together and dumping them in the ocean? Can't get any more impersonal than that. All of the methods currently used seem like bad science experiments.

Remember Gary Gilmore? He chose execution by firing squad in Utah in the late 1970s. I think the choices at that time were firing squad or hanging. That would have been an even easier choice. Norman Mailer wrote a great book about the Gilmore story.

Trivia Question: What did Gary Gilmore request, and receive, for his last meal?

A Willy Wonka's Everlasting Gobstopper?

Plastic bags are really cheap...

On the note of the blank sparing the shooters feelings, I heard an interview that said the shooters are chosen from a pool of applicants from the police.

When an inmate is electrocuted, he often catches fire. It is also normal for the body to void its bladder and bowels, and for the fluids in the body to boil and leak out thru various orifices.

I'm okay with that.

If you are sentenced to death, you should get to suffer. Chances are pretty damn good that the victim did.

Then we should do the electrocution part just short of death for a really really long time. Then revive them and pull out their fingernails with a pair of pliers. Then put them on the rack and make them confess. Then throw them in a cell with no food until they nearly starve. Then bury them alive and be done with it.

Only liberals and weenies stop at electrocution. And firing squads are for sissies.

I was living in Utah when that piece of offal made his escape attempt and killed the man in the courthouse.
The man he killed was a PUBLIC DEFENDER on his way into court.
"Justice delayed is justice denied"

My personal opinion is this; the role of our justice system is to (a) rehabilitate those who can be and (b) protect society from those who cant be. Period. End of story.

Vengeance, punishment, retribution...should not be the responsibility of society. They are the responsibility of God ( or Allah, or Bhudda, or whichever Higher Power you prefer). Period. End of story.

Torturing or inflicting cruelty upon someone...whether they "deserve" it or not...is as unhealthy for the person inflicting it as it is for the person receiving it.

"Life with no parole" is nothing more than a delayed-action death sentence. Its actually cheaper to incarcerate someone for life than it is to see the legal process of capital punishment through all of the appeals and delays. And whether it happens now, or next week or in 25 years, the guilty party will eventually die anyway...and that is when the true judgement will occur.

Posted by soberups:

"I would also disagree with the idea that no one should ever be asked to perform an execution more than once. If they have a moral objection to participating, that's OK; if they dont, there is no reason why a professional marksman who is at peace with what he is doing should be limited to one execution. If anything, we would be better off using men who are experienced and know what to expect."

Professional executioners in todays media would be a nightmare for the pro death penalty cause and turn it into a Pro-wrestling/American Gladiator circus.

Make some much needed money for the local police departments. Sell lotery tickets to be one of the members of the firing squad. They would make millions and fund the Police departments better. Heck if you added pay for view via web cast of the excution they might balance the state budget! The scum bag could consider it giving back to the community and get a tax credit...oh wait he wont be filing taxes next year.

I agree Will, if the family of the victim does not want to do the deed, then sell the lever that drops the floor on the gallows. The rope can be re-used, yet another cost saver for cash strapped budgets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top