JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
YAY for Utah!!!

Here's The Deseret New article...

It states out of stater's account for 50% of their permits issued! Due to the Utah permit is accepted in so many states. It's quite refreshing reading an article that is "Just the facts" for the most part. Unlike the "Boregonian" or any of the far crazy left leaning "Rag" waste of wood pulp papers in the Willamette Valley.

Love the comment section. Been gone for almost 38 years. I had forgotten the often quoted leader of the LDS church, and bible that is so common.

Albeit the fee is much less than Oregon's, I would assume the revenue has formed an attractive bond with their coffers, seem less than prudent to let that go. Mine is due to be reissued in July. They send out notices 60, maybe 90 days prior to expiration so I'll see what happens then.
I expect status quo.

The article didn't say as much, but I'm pretty sure it pertains to UT residents only. Nonresidents will still need the government's permission to carry concealed legally.

I was surprised how easy the NR UT permit was to get... NR WA was easy too, but I'll be letting that one expire, UT is cheaper to renew.

"That permitting process is one of the few tools the state has to ensure people carrying a firearm in a public place have safety training and training on the laws in Utah," Neca Allgood, a volunteer with the Utah chapter of Moms Demand Action... said..."

... I've got some very disturbing news for you, Ms Allgood...

Mine is due to be reissued in July.

There will be a Jacked UP price thank to SB 554 if it passes. 91 days from passage. Meeting on it is Monday, 8:00 am. Still time, just barely, to say something at this meeting about it through the OLIS site.

(5)(a) Fees for concealed handgun licenses are: (A) $15 to the Department of State Police for conducting the fingerprint check of the applicant. (B) [$50] $100 to the sheriff for the initial issuance [or renewal] of a concealed handgun license. (C) $75 to the sheriff for the renewal of a concealed handgun license. [(C)] (D) $15 to the sheriff for the duplication of a license because of loss or change of address.

There will be a Jacked UP price thank to SB 554 if it passes. 91 days from passage. Meeting on it is Monday, 8:00 am. Still time, just barely, to say something at this meeting about it through the OLIS site.

(5)(a) Fees for concealed handgun licenses are: (A) $15 to the Department of State Police for conducting the fingerprint check of the applicant. (B) [$50] $100 to the sheriff for the initial issuance [or renewal] of a concealed handgun license. (C) $75 to the sheriff for the renewal of a concealed handgun license. [(C)] (D) $15 to the sheriff for the duplication of a license because of loss or change of address.
As usual they attack from all sides.

Likely so. My Oregon CCW is good till middle of 2022 which, by the way things age going, could be moot anyway.
The one that's due in July was my Utah, subject of the thread.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top