JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I received my Utah CCW in the mail today. Already have my Oregon CHL, but now I can carry across the river in Washington as well as 30-something other states. I mailed off my Arizona permit application on the same day, so I was curious to see who the winner would be. And the winner is Utah!
Mailed: 9/12
Recieved: 10/31
Days elapsed: 49

Come on Arizona. Come to Papa!

Last Edited:
Yeah, I had just heard that too: that NM now honors UT. I applied for both because I took the Blackstone combo class that was on offer that was just a little bit (not much) more than the Utah only class. So, I figured "why not?" So, now that AZ no longer gives me NM, all it does now is give expanded carry rights like being able to carry into government buildings, etc. I like the idea of being legal to carry in as many states as possible just as a statement, not because I plan to visit each and every one of them.

No, we are not sure of that. I tried looking it up, but no joy.
The New Mexico DPS website has UT listed among the states they do not honor. Perhaps they just haven't updated their site yet, but for now I'll take that as a NO.

Interestingly, until 2010 New Mexico did honor the Utah CCW.
Then they stopped, saying that UT training requirements are too "lax" and "not up to NM standards". Yeah, sure...

The reciprocity agreement that NM has with AZ is informal.
The two states have no written agreement, but NM says they
honor AZ without one, so you're good to carry there.

I received my Utah CCW in the mail today. Already have my Oregon CHL, but now I can carry across the river in Washington as well as 30-something other states.
Just keep in mind that even tho Utah reciprocates with Florida it doesn't apply to non-Utah residents! i.e. an Oregon resident with a Utah permit CANNOT carry concealed in Florida. :oops:

When we travel to Yellowstone from Oregon this summer we went thru Wa, Idaho, Wyoming & Montana. I only carried in Or & Washington. All other states it was near but not on me. Some states seem to not cover non-residents but the sites weren't black and white. A little confusing.

I am so glad my Utah out of state is accepted in Arizona and Nevada.
I've had my CHL for many years. When I met my ex (when she was my gf lol) she wanted to get her CHL. So we decided to upgrade and get an out of state, mainly because we'd go to the English pit to shoot and we wanted to CC while in WA.

I do like how Utah is cheaper for renewal and it's every 5 years and not 4 like Oregon.... and much cheaper.

I have searched the Utah site and really not finding what I need to know. I want to get a Utah carry license so I can carry on my vacation in March in Nevada and Arizona.

How is that accomplished here in Oregon ? I need a class I assume..and fingerprints I assume..

Congrats!!! I just renewed my Utah this past summer. I have the application for AZ but I need to get started on it. It never hurts to have extra forms of ID.

I have searched the Utah site and really not finding what I need to know. I want to get a Utah carry license so I can carry on my vacation in March in Nevada and Arizona.

How is that accomplished here in Oregon ? I need a class I assume..and fingerprints I assume..
So when I got my Utah out of state, my gf at the time didn't have her Oregon CHL. So when she took a class, they had a package for Oregon resident and Utah out of state. So she did that and I went with her and just did the Utah out of state. I had to fill out the paperwork, get the certification for attending the class and I was finger printed in the class. I was given all the paperwork and I sent it in myself.
Several weeks later I got my license in the mail. Then a short time later I moved, so I did the paperwork for an address change and got my license with the new address.... that took another several weeks.

Thank Bush for LEOSA. Hopefully, we can put an end to this silliness by getting national reciprocity pushed through to Trump's desk for his signature.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top