JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have frequently visited this forum. This discussion prompted me to join and hopefully help. Ruger does have this spring in stock. Volquartsen and Tandemkross are two other sources for this spring.

On Ruger 22/44, the most common reason for damaging this spring is pushing out the grooved pin which is retained by this spring. It is important to push this spring out of the pin groove before removing the pin.

There are a few excellent you tube videos showing the correct reinstall of this spring.

Since you will be replacing the spring, order from either Volquartsen or Tandemkross upgrade parts and install them while you have your 22/44 apart. Order these parts for sure
  • Volquartsen Target Hammer
  • Volquartsen Magazine Disconnect Bushing-eliminates magazine disconnect
  • Volquartsen Target Sear
These are best bang for the dollar upgrade parts. There are other parts that are nice, but I consider these to most needed.

FYI I have many Mark II, III and IV pistols. Working and upgrading them, I've acquired lots of learning based on the trial and error method

50 in stock
(Someone re post the link... he won't see this. :()
But then again... this might not be what this post is actually about... :s0033:
google search put this at top and in stock
I can teach internet classes at 50.00 per hr

There are now 10 less in stock since I got 2 when this thread started. (51)

Pretty sure he found them.
And if he did - we may never know.

I'm pretty sure we were all supposed to gang mob Ruger Headquarters and dig Ol' Bill out of his grave to give him what-for for not supplying factory parts for an obsolete weapon. But that's just a guess. :cool:

I think I just realized why I'm blocked...

Positive attitude helps. At least you know what your spring looks like, and with wire springs being fairly ease to make too.
I received a model 1911 Victoria 6.35 many years ago:
1613340130055.png
Missing the main spring. :s0076: And I mean MAIN!
With just one spring, it operated the hammer, the Sear, the magazine retention, and the mag release, all unbeknownst to me (not that it cost me anything). I had no clue what it looked like, what it operated other than the hammer and could find no drawings, looking for years on the internet, gun forums, and parts houses. Internals were totally unlike baby Browning's and copies thereof. So for the next couple years; I started conceptualizing, drawing, building prototypes, heat treating, tearing apart and reassembling many times the little thing, until I hit on a V spring shape shape that sorta fit the bill. :)
IMGP0029-3.JPG
I finally tuned it with six or more reiterations trying to get the spring heat treat, temper, metal thickness just right.
IMGP0028-2.JPG
Each time annealing, cutting, filing, polishing, heat treating, annealing again each and every one, some breaking some just not enough to snap a primer reliably, or, I'd get the hammer to work well but the sear part was way to heavy. :eek:
All in all I figured I made over thirty different springs starting from scratch each time.
This, after making several tools to compress and insert the multifunctional spring prototypes again and again, a challenge all on its own.
Finally I had one that did it all. :cool:
I still don't know if it looks like the intended, but it works, and works well.
A broken one or even sample would have been too much to ask for it seams but a drawing would have been sweet, having it be a coil spring even sweeter! ;)

Here's your answer most likely due to "safety reasons". Most all gun makers take this position. Since this part is available from various on-line sources, it is being manufactured.

Safety reasons? Only ONE on-line source, currently, has a few of these springs for sale. Once those are gone, it will be interesting to see if he re-supplies. Bet it won't be from Ruger. If they are still being made by somebody, I'd sure like to find out who.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top