JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
most here have hit on good advice .
Bulk buy once fired, Mil. surplus LC usually & always takes more than one pass threw the sizer because it is just blown-out and on top that, it's a thick-wall commercial Case .

Use a Good long handle 'heavy Press' . Don't over-Lube the case . But get the Die seasoned over a couple passed on the Brass & keep the Die Seasoned/Lubed as you go threw .
( What I do ) on the Thick Mil. Brass . and worked for me over the years is . I finally wised-up and got a 2nd Body Only Die . to run along side my primary FL Die .
just take it threw a single pass on regular FL Die . Then I have a ( Body Only Die ) set-up and kept just for ( 556 & .308 ) .
After one pass on FL . Then Take 1 pass on it and and bump the shoulder & body into proper Chamber spec .
' Body only Die ' is not going to over work stretching the Necks & shoulder areas which promotes brittle overworking and need to Anneal .

If it is only once fired Mil. surplus LC you don't need to Anneal . The pliability of Neck tension and Case Wall should not be over fired/overworked & brittle on just one firing cycle .
Hard Bullet Seating & Hard Chambering of Resized Rounds . Your LC is just have high Neck tension on Seating with thick Neck Walls and your Not properly Body-Shoulder with Neck sizing .
-
edit add:
Also forgot .. a Body Only Die can also be used to Finish Size your ' Finished Re-Loaded and Capped Rounds ' into Spec. If you find you have screwed-up and find them to hark to Chamber in your AR . Or in your Boltaction if you find it hard to Cam-over and close the Bolt .

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top