JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
most here have hit on good advice .
Bulk buy once fired, Mil. surplus LC usually & always takes more than one pass threw the sizer because it is just blown-out and on top that, it's a thick-wall commercial Case .

Use a Good long handle 'heavy Press' . Don't over-Lube the case . But get the Die seasoned over a couple passed on the Brass & keep the Die Seasoned/Lubed as you go threw .
( What I do ) on the Thick Mil. Brass . and worked for me over the years is . I finally wised-up and got a 2nd Body Only Die . to run along side my primary FL Die .
just take it threw a single pass on regular FL Die . Then I have a ( Body Only Die ) set-up and kept just for ( 556 & .308 ) .
After one pass on FL . Then Take 1 pass on it and and bump the shoulder & body into proper Chamber spec .
' Body only Die ' is not going to over work stretching the Necks & shoulder areas which promotes brittle overworking and need to Anneal .

If it is only once fired Mil. surplus LC you don't need to Anneal . The pliability of Neck tension and Case Wall should not be over fired/overworked & brittle on just one firing cycle .
Hard Bullet Seating & Hard Chambering of Resized Rounds . Your LC is just have high Neck tension on Seating with thick Neck Walls and your Not properly Body-Shoulder with Neck sizing .
-
edit add:
Also forgot .. a Body Only Die can also be used to Finish Size your ' Finished Re-Loaded and Capped Rounds ' into Spec. If you find you have screwed-up and find them to hark to Chamber in your AR . Or in your Boltaction if you find it hard to Cam-over and close the Bolt .

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads