JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If society doesn't like something maybe they should try changing it with innovation instead of through mandates or subsidies.

Take firearms for example. If society doesn't like them, they should create cheaper, more effective and more enjoyable alternatives to firearms.

If society doesn't like the typical fast food nutrition then they should offer cheaper, faster, better tasting and healthier alternatives.

If the dominant energy sources are disliked, come out with better and cheaper alternatives.

The way it works now is society wants to mandate or subsidise alternatives and that doesn't work well. It makes many people unhappy and resistant to adopting the alternatives.

If you make a firearm alternative that is more effective, more enjoyable to use and is cheaper, I will try it out. If you make an alternative Big Mac that is cheaper to buy, faster to serve, taste better and is healthier, I will gladly give it a try.

Last Edited:
Take firearms for example. If society doesn't like them, they should create cheaper, more effective and more enjoyable alternatives to firearms.
Which society ?
Why should I or anyone else for that matter...let them / have them make choices for me....?

More effective...?
At what...?
My Hawken rifle , based on an original rifle from the 1840's...
Does exactly what a rife is supposed to do :
Accurately place its projectile on the target.
In fact the same can be said for my original J.Henry Flintlock Trade Rifle circa 1800- 1820's.

Now the above is not to say that we should be only using firearms from the past.
Current made rifles Made with the most current materials , using current cartridges are also just as effective.

Of course some firearms are better suited for some uses than others...
But at the end of the day....
A rifle , be it made in 1823 or 2023...is just that ....a rifle.
Both are effective...both have uses...both can be enjoyable.

Mostly I take issue with others making choices for me.

You should be able to own whatever firearms you wish....or not as the case may be.
Just don't make that choice for others.
Andy

Last Edited:
Golly I would love to have energy alternatives so that we no longer must engage with oil rich scumbag nations across the globe.

I hope you innovation idea will solve this muy pronto.

Golly I would love to have energy alternatives so that we no longer must engage with oil rich scumbag nations across the globe.

I hope you innovation idea will solve this muy pronto.
We need to run our cars on coal. We have lots of it here at home.

1672773546342.png

Seems we were actually well on way of gaining independence from OPEC a few years ago... :rolleyes: geeeee I wonder.

In other news... we haven't developed cheaper, more powerful energy weapons other than gunpowder and mass projectiles :rolleyes: :D

Seems we were actually well on way of gaining independence from OPEC a few years ago... :rolleyes: geeeee I wonder.
Would you rather we pump and hoard oil in the short term or solve the problem in a bigger and more durable way? I will take the latter, thanks. (Well, both really, but the former is often used as a way to rationalize not doing the latter, kicking the can down the road.)

Supposedly the world would run out of oil by the 1990s-2000s :rolleyes: that clearly has not happened. It's more probable we'll run out of fresh water than oil, IMO
Well, I am not content to let a long-superseded incorrect prediction determine our future.

In any case, it is not so much about total oil supply, as it is the BS we go through to get oil from wankers like Saudi Arabia. If we were sitting on all of it, it might be a different matter.

I know I just LOVE poking the people who buy electric to "save the planet". Every time I hear one I tell them they are driving coal fired auto's. They are NOT amused, which makes it even more fun for me :D
Mining the materials for and manufacturing the battery pack that goes in that car releases more atmospheric carbon than the car will ever offset in the 10 years that the battery pack will last, and it cannot be recycled.

I fully support the Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 watt Range. Would be awesome. And it's what's next. The fact that the gun grabbers would absolutely lose their minds over it is just an added bonus. :)

WOLVERINES!

The way it works now is society wants to mandate or subsidise alternatives and that doesn't work well. It makes many people unhappy and resistant to adopting the alternatives.
Yes. This is why the majority of this country's children are educated in a system that portrays the views and lifestyle we here associate with "conservative" as one that is outmoded, toxic, racist, and destructive. It is these children that will become the society of tomorrow and that society will mandate a change, as you point out. Remember, if you can't push them out, breed them out...

You want an example? See 114. Majority rule...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top