JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They're justifying it based on cost-of-training/rehiring. It's stupid, but at least they're being transparent as to what they're using for their litmus bar. Where the guy urinates on their whole argument is that he's been a CO ever since which directly conflicts with their position that more intelligent people would get bored with police routines. Plus they missed the opportunity to possibly have someone promoteable into higher ranks or leadership positions.

In a way this should put a lot of folks here that are afraid of a police state at ease. The knives in the drawer I'd be afraid of are the sharpest ones, not the dull butter knives.

Police state? You really think the U.S. is one? Well, maybe Arizona if it were a standalone country...but the rest? Please. Go look at China and North Korea, or the old Soviet Union and you tell me how we even remotely compare to those nations.

If you think the U.S. is police state now, I cannot imagine the stress of living inside your head.

As to your point about sheep being led by a shepherd, I can concede that point. I'm less worried about that than I am the poor decision making and not having the best people in positions of law enforcement to do the best job the citizens deserve.

Police state? You really think the U.S. is one? Well, maybe Arizona if it were a standalone country...but the rest? Please. Go look at China and North Korea, or the old Soviet Union and you tell me how we even remotely compare to those nations.

If you think the U.S. is police state now, I cannot imagine the stress of living inside your head.

A is X, therefore B is not X? Does not compute.

That said, I grew up in a real police state (China), and the US is just as bad or worse in various matters (economic rights, right to use drugs), and somewhat better on others (free speech, guns). On the other hand, people in the US are far more deluded about the true state of affairs. Land of the free, lol.

A is X, therefore B is not X? Does not compute.

That said, I grew up in a real police state (China), and the US is just as bad or worse in various matters (economic rights, right to use drugs), and somewhat better on others (free speech, guns). On the other hand, people in the US are far more deluded about the true state of affairs. Land of the free, lol.

With 'X' being a country that restricts/represses political/religious/personal expression, or restricting ones' movement between states, etc. then I think the computation isn't all that difficult.

If "deluded" is by "willfully ignorant" then I'd agree.

With 'X' being a country that restricts/represses political/religious/personal expression, or restricting ones' movement between states, etc. then I think the computation isn't all that difficult.

If "deluded" is by "willfully ignorant" then I'd agree.

As Ron Paul said, is the US a police state yet? Maybe not yet, but we're getting there. On economic rights, the US is hopeless.

With Odummy signing NDAA, that's another big step.

Yep their moto will be "To Protect and to Serve... the government" :s0112::s0112:

Looks like they will activily recruit OWS, heck they won't even have to train em on pepper spray :s0140:

Rufus you kill me:s0112:

jj

The Euro banking elite families that run the central banks and control the globe; the Oligarchs that run the USA via puppet paid-for politicians. It is just a matter of time until they decide to plunge this nation into the Greatest Depression. The greatest transfer of wealth the world has ever seen. Then we will know what third world really means.

You know he couldn't of signed that bill without cooperation from Republicans in congress.

I lost faith in police officers when I realized that revenue generation was of higher priority to them than public safety. I had a MR2 Turbo, red, fast, had URV8SX for a license plate and it would get pulled over about once every 2 months for various traffic infractions, sometimes for nothing at all. I concluded based on all the tickets I was receiving that I was a bad driver and I really need to improve my driving. Well then I switched to a stock miata and magically, all of a sudden, Im not getting any tickets.

The fact that a simple change of cars and going from $1500 in legal fees a year to $0 in legal fees per years means Im all of a sudden getting no tickets has infuriated my towards police and their decision making. It was clear that I was being profiled based on car choice, rather than me as a driver.

I dunno if I will ever have a high opinion of police, because I had to put up with a lot of crap just because I enjoyed driving a modified import, I dunno if I hate cops, but I definitely have a low opinion of them. I also got bored and mad of the constant harassment, being nice to the police officer and then getting hammered with $240 in legal fees and then decided to make pull-overs as unpleasant as possible for the officer. For example if they asked to search the car, instead of consenting I would simply tell them "No...Don't worry, Ill wait while you get a warrant" just to challenge them to see how far they wanted to go to get inside my car. I figured they got paid better than me, so if I could waste more tax dollars on mundane tasks, I was happy.

You know he couldn't of signed that bill without cooperation from Republicans in congress.

I lost faith in police officers when I realized that revenue generation was of higher priority to them than public safety. I had a MR2 Turbo, red, fast, had URV8SX for a license plate and it would get pulled over about once every 2 months for various traffic infractions, sometimes for nothing at all. I concluded based on all the tickets I was receiving that I was a bad driver and I really need to improve my driving. Well then I switched to a stock miata and magically, all of a sudden, Im not getting any tickets.

The fact that a simple change of cars and going from $1500 in legal fees a year to $0 in legal fees per years means Im all of a sudden getting no tickets has infuriated my towards police and their decision making. It was clear that I was being profiled based on car choice, rather than me as a driver.

I dunno if I will ever have a high opinion of police, because I had to put up with a lot of crap just because I enjoyed driving a modified import, I dunno if I hate cops, but I definitely have a low opinion of them. I also got bored and mad of the constant harassment, being nice to the police officer and then getting hammered with $240 in legal fees and then decided to make pull-overs as unpleasant as possible for the officer. For example if they asked to search the car, instead of consenting I would simply tell them "No...Don't worry, Ill wait while you get a warrant" just to challenge them to see how far they wanted to go to get inside my car. I figured they got paid better than me, so if I could waste more tax dollars on mundane tasks, I was happy.

:s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads