JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your preference

• Total voters
When I was a kid I always wanted one of those old Browning hump backs. Of course could not afford one but would always drool over them when I was in a shop. :)

I didn't get the B5 until high school, with hay buckin money.The Rooster was shoot with my .22/20ga or my dad's Browning B2000 12ga. We missed his Wingmaster he traded in as the 2000 would jam. The B5 ran great.

I didn't get the B5 until high school, with hay buckin money.The Rooster was shoot with my .22/20ga or my dad's Browning B2000 12ga. We missed his Wingmaster he traded in as the 2000 would jam. The B5 ran great.

When I was in school even used they were WAY out of my budget. Bought a used Stevens Pump 16 that was a Browning patent that I had for a LONG time. After adulthood I got married and started having kids right away so the A5 was a no way. Got to shoot one many times and I just loved the damned things. Got to shoot clay with one several times and it made me look like a better shot than anything else. It was a lot of just plain fun. One of these days I may buy myself one just to go shoot some clay again. Have not done that in a long time. It would be a kick in the pants to do it again.

The B2000 was a beautiful gun.
Built like a Swiss watch which was its downfall.....jamomatic.
The B-80 was the solution.
B2000 skin over the Beretta gas system.

I like the slight receiver bump (B2000) over the big squareback of the A5

When I was a kid I was working in the city once a week or so. Would always stop at the Fredrick and Nelsons on the way home. Pick up some .22 ammo and drool over the gun case. They always had a few hand engraved Browning O/U's. They ran as much as a NICE new car then so of course there was no way it was going to happen but they were fun to look at and dream :)

Yeah baby!!!

My Browning A5 was used, with a poly-choke installed. Adjusting your pattern in the field was almost like cheating. I'm pretty sure I traded in a 700adl 22/250 on it also. I purchased that with money from a rent a kid program. It was overkill for the Nutria in the canals. The B5 is one I miss but doubt another would truly replace it. My parents were fine with me having firearms , and reloading .38s for my DW .357 with a Lee Loader at around 16 years old. Some nice memories of simpler times.

My favorite is the Browning BPS Upland Special. Can't shoot 12's anymore, so had to give it up.
To me a bottom ejecting, English stocked, pump, with a short barrel, is bliss when wing shooting, or chasing rabbits.

IMG_20170821_124344_572.jpg

Last Edited:
My favorite is the Browning BPS special. Can't shoot 12's anymore, so had to give it up.
To me a bottom ejecting, English stocked, pump, with a short barrel, is bliss when wing shooting, or chasing rabbits.

View attachment 461404
Those are very slick, one of the few oriental built guns I ever owned was a SKB 9000(?) pump, very slick and a great shooter. I have always liked the M37's (being left handed) and rebuilt an earlier version built on the same Browning pattent Remington M17 20 gauge for my wife. It weighs something like 5 lbs and points like a laser. Was made in 1928. It is the only 20 gauge I own but always liked the Ithaca ultra feather lights in 20 gauge too.

Last Edited:
The local gas station/sporting and gun shop in Lewiston Idaho would have contests for the longest Pheasant tail feathers. It cost $5 or so to enter and you could win a nice shotgun. That was fun but I never did win.

Old Ithaca 37 featherlight in 20 gauge.
^That's the one^
I use an 870 and have for years.
But if there was an Ithaca Featherlight in my safe you can betchurass it would be my go-to on any/all upland game.

I borrowed one from someone back in the day, but never could talk him into selling it to me.

^That's the one^
I use an 870 and have for years.
But if there was an Ithaca Featherlight in my safe you can betchurass it would be my go-to on any/all upland game.

I borrowed one from someone back in the day, but never could talk him into selling it to me.
I have a 1964 in near mint condition.
Sadly, the original 1967 that I learned on was stolen.

Not sure if anyone else caught that, but Alexx1401 used to buy his guns and ammo at FREDERICK & NELSON....that's been a while ago......downtown Seattle Alexx?

The poll is coming along nicely. Thank you everyone for participating, so far.
I don't think I've ever done one of these before, so I'm very happy with the response I'm getting so far.
Seems most (so far) prefer autos with pumps a close second and O/U's a close third.
Nothing really surprising there, although I figured the SxS would trump the O/U for popularity (sign of the times?).
Great stories you guys are telling, too. =)

Dean

Last Edited:
Not sure if anyone else caught that, but Alexx1401 used to buy his guns and ammo at FREDERICK & NELSON....that's been a while ago......downtown Seattle Alexx?

The poll is coming along nicely. Thank you everyone for participating, so far.
I don't think I've ever done one of these before, so I'm very happy with the response I'm getting so far.
Seems most (so far) prefer autos with pumps a close second and O/U's a close third.
Nothing really surprising there, although I figured the SxS would trump the O/U for popularity (sign of the times?).
Great stories you guys are telling, too. =)

Dean

I'd love to swing a SxS, however, o good American or English piece is far out of my realm price wise haha.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top