JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently bought a 19X, and after 250 rounds it is exhibiting wear I haven't seen on my other Glocks. It is a fairly deep groove and is completely vertical. See pics. Not sure if I should contact Glock or if the new finish is just more prone to it.

20180427_001709.jpg 20180427_001720.jpg

G
Wonder if there is any play in that doesn't exist in previous generations that dont have ambi slide stops.
Good point. I wonder if any other 19X owners are seeing this. It's definitely a possible rust point since it's past the metal surface already. My other glocks always have a little finish remaining even after wearing of the surface.

It looks like where the barrel locks up during firing. I would look at the barrel or chamber area that contacts this spot. I run grease where my barrels lock up and where my hood locks upon the chamber area. After hundred of rounds I have zero kiss marks on the Sig's and no hood wear above the chamber . I would check for a sharp edge or bur on the barrel and switch to grease on the high wear areas. I like the Tetra gun grease.

My gen 3 glock 19 has the same mark after 4-5k rounds apears to be from the barrel moving up as it locks into battery. I have no idea when it appeared. Still functions fine wile using pocket lint for lubricant so I'm not concerned....

Edit, opened the safe and two others in .45 have the same mark in the finish both of those have about 500 down the pipe

Last Edited:
I guess I've never looked at my Glocks close enough to see anything like this.

Likely just the coating and the barrel lock up making each other comfy.

It's a Glock, shoot it!. :p

Good pictures but the 19x ones look like deeper scratches straightIn the slide.
First and last pic I can easily feel the groove with a fingernail. I think the 19x in the op's post is just the color contrast making it look worse than it is but hands on tells allot more than a picture.

It's a Glock thing. And it's on the inside so who cares? All mine have this as well, except for the 34 because it has material removed inside that area for weight reduction. Doesn't matter. Shoot it and enjoy.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top