JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just acquired an unfired commercial Russian Makarov last weekend. after shooting almost a full box of .380 through it, I took it apart to clean it and found that something is wearing down the ejector, sear, sear spring and the slide rail. I had taken it apart before I ever shot it and it didn't have any issues. there are no burs or anything on the slide. the only thing I can think of is I or someone else may have dropped the slide with the safety on at some point. I have a hard time believing that much wear could be cause from that though. Anyone else have this issue?

20160211_081757.jpg

You know, I don't think the Makarov is chambered for .380 ACP. The only chambering that I am aware of is for the 9x18. Close...but not quite the same?

You know, I don't think the Makarov is chambered for .380 ACP. The only chambering that I am aware of is for the 9x18. Close...but not quite the same?

There are .380 models available, they were basically made for the U.S. market specifically. But the Russian military models would all have been 9x18 MAK. I've also heard rumor of folks rechambering the MAK for .380 or even getting conversion barrels, though I don't know who carries them.

There are .380 models available, they were basically made for the U.S. market specifically. But the Russian military models would all have been 9x18 MAK. I've also heard rumor of folks rechambering the MAK for .380 or even getting conversion barrels, though I don't know who carries them.

Well, the way that extractor was torn up it looks like the wrong size shell was fired. Looking at the serial number on the frame, it looks like a russian gun to me. I hope he figures out the problem.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top