JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just shot the first 100 rounds through my build 1911 and noticed that the slide stop pin seems like its worn a lot already. There are flat wearmarks on it where the barrellink rides on. Is this normal or a sign for a bad quality part? Also, my slidetop pin is fairly loose in the framehole, should I see about getting the "proper fitting" one? I just can't seem to think that it should see that much wear after just 100 rounds!?

IMG_20190114_210648.jpg

First off, those marks are not from the "Link", they are from the barrel lug feet..or the tips of the barrel lug. There should be even marks as shown. That means you are getting very good and consistent lock up...as both marks look to be even. The link rides in between those marks, as seen in the pic as a scuff mark...which is also normal.

A good slide stop pin will be .198" to .200" BUT, you must measure the slide stop pin hole in the link to make sure a larger pin will fit...also make sure the hole in the frame will allow the larger pin as well.

If fit correctly, a larger pin will give you better consistent barrel lock up in the lug area. Less slop equals consistent performance on the target.

Last thing...make sure the pin is lubed.

Ok i Just measured. and yes i didn't mean link but the barrellugs. The pin is 196 and the wearmarks are 195. Hole in the frame is 198 and this pin wobbels a lot in the link. Also the pin has a wearmark on the other side from the link.

Last Edited:
Might be best to fit a new link and take down pin and check the fit with the barrel lugs and the frame pin hole more closely! A loosey goosey link will cause all sorts of issues! Which link are you using?

It pretty much all dropped in, I just had to do some fitting on barrel lugs to the slide and the hood. It was a partskit from e-sarcoinc. I think its probably GI replacement stuff. I already ordered a new barrel bushing because that was loosey goosey too. Wen you put the barrel stop pin in the link, it all fits very loose. The gun shot 100 rounds without a hiccup, I was really impressed by that! For sure thought I screwed something up!

Those Sarco kits are usually pretty good, fit and finish has always been good. I would still do a pin and bushing and see how she tightens up! Nice build BTW! :)
Thank you. For what i could tell, the barrel looked junk. But it was only $20 more for the kit with barrel so I thought as "practice" its fine not to screw up a $200 barrel. The firearm shoots fine like i said, I got 8 on my 8x11 target at 20 yards but the group is a foot apart. At 50 yards it was difficult to hit the same spot reliable, but i knew it wasnt gonna be extremely accurate based on the tolerances...

IMG_20181227_162042.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads