JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I can testify to the fact shooting 9mm in a .40 S&W isn't going to hurt you!
At least I don't see how it could hurt you, or the gun for that matter. All it does is unevenly balloon out the case, and not cycle. The bullet tumbled into the target about a foot low. ?YMMV.

Edit: Something I hadn't considered has been brought up below. It CAN lead to some pretty hairy consequences if a person isn't paying close attention.
It ruined a barrel in my Glock 23. An "assistant instructor" at a course told my friend (who was using my 23 in the class) to shoot a cartridge the "assistant instructor" picked up and placed in the chamber. Barrel has a bulge and locked up the gun.

It ruined a barrel in my Glock 23. An "assistant instructor" at a course told my friend (who was using my 23 in the class) to shoot a cartridge the "assistant instructor" picked up and placed in the chamber. Barrel has a bulge and locked up the gun.

Did they make good on the damage since it was caused by one of their staff?

Another reason I don't own a 300 Blackout...

I've never had a problem with my 300BLK, it's my Go2 HD weapon if I can't take em out with my 870 HD shotgun.

I would hope that people would be conscious of what they were trying to load into any chamber. For that reason I put all my 300 blackout ammo into 20 round P mags and .223/5.56 in USGI 30 round magazines. That along with Mag bands with each caliber designation.

Old Neanderthal version... :D
B2BA52FA-E3FA-4126-A9F4-4B0CA1F76F7E.jpeg
New sophisticated version.:s0143:
33041973-603C-46AE-A142-6F6F0A27E007.jpeg

Last Edited:
The problem with the .300 BLK is they shortened the case too much. They should have left it longer and used a little of the shoulder to keep it long enough to stay out of the 5.56 chamber....Hmmmm Oh wait they could have put a mini magnum head on it. 😁

1) "I've shot .380 in a 9mm Mak with no apparent issues.."
Did it cycle or just fire one shot?

2) Will a .38 Super even chamber in a Mak?

3) How about 9x19 in a .38S&W top break revolver for fun and excitement?

4) "Saami Davis Jr. had a glass eye. Coincidence? I think not!"
Sammy got his his glass eye from the conical projection in the middle of the steering wheel on the Cadillac he was driving.

While not unsafe....

But something that is definitely "un-recommended" , is using PYRODEX or just about any other black powder substitute in a flintlock.
Doing so will cause at best , a delay in firing ( hang fire ) , or at worst a flash in the pan...not firing at all.
If you do get a flash in the pan...
Please wait 30 odd seconds or so , with the firearm pointed down range , just in case of a hang fire.
Andy

I shoot 9mm NATO from both my VP9 and FNX-9 without any issues. The NATO rounds do not recoil as much as 124gr +P HST rounds. I got a good deal on 9mm NATO rounds at the time before the panic.

Years ago I was able to buy some 9mm 124gr +P HST rounds which was all the online vendor had at the time. They shoot fine but I prefer the 147gr HST rounds myself. Before that I was able to buy some 50 round boxes of Winchester 147gr Ranger-T rounds. I carried those rounds for a few years but shot the off over time since I tend shoot a magazine or two of my carry rounds until I could not buy those rounds anymore.

Shot a 8mm Mauser in a 8mm-06 one time. The Mauser was not remarked. Brass came out fire formed. No other problem. Shame it was a real nice civilian German Mauser

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top