JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
lol, aw, lets post a thread about a couple of guys who smoked pot while on the job, and then wait for everyone to chime in and talk trash about unions because this occurred at a company that supposedly employees Union workers. Well Sir, I would bet your company you work for has pot heads, people that smoke at work or on their breaks, and this is a common sad reality. Bill O'riely wouldn't give two shids about this same story if it was at joe smoses privately own company because Bill O'riely is in the business of Entertainment, and part news. His character image draws people in not because of his news but his entertainment.
So again I laugh at your post for everyone's entertainment purposes. Not news or going to get you a pat on the back and 30 "likes"

Anybody working anywhere smoking or drinking on company time or at break, should be fired. But typical O'reilly and FOX news style, no mentioning, facts, or anything about if the workers are Union workers, what Union they work for in the news broadcast video, But, they add the Union workers part on the title of the Web report only in the title. Very misleading, but what do you expect, Its FOX NEWS.

Anybody working anywhere smoking or drinking on company time or at break, should be fired. But typical O'reilly and FOX news style, no mentioning, facts, or anything about if the workers are Union workers, what Union they work for in the news broadcast video, But, they add the Union workers part on the title of the Web report only in the title. Very misleading, but what do you expect, Its FOX NEWS.

You would be OK with this headline, and it shouldn't mention they are union workers ?

"Defense Factory Workers" Allegedly Caught Drinking, Smoking Pot on Lunch Break

Seems you are more outraged at the fact the report mentioned they are union workers than what they were doing on their lunch break ? It's obvious where your sympathy's lie, not bias in the least......

is there something wrong with me pointing out poor news reporting by the use of misleading wording.
my comment only came because the OP's only comment was about the "Union" part, which after I watched the video he provided, said nothing about Union workers, It was only in the title of the news story but no where else.

Just more class warfare by the rich and powerful... discredit and smear the working class, cut their pay some more.... meanwhile the CEO's take millions in bonuses. The truth.... studies consistently show the American worker to be among the most productive in the world.

Just more class warfare by the rich and powerful... discredit and smear the working class, cut their pay some more.... meanwhile the CEO's take millions in bonuses. The truth.... studies consistently show the American worker to be among the most productive in the world.

So CEO'S and the rich made them smoke pot and drink on the job then?

Well I'm pissed......I don't get to drink or smoke pot on the job..........its just not fair.

course I drive a 105,500 GVW Dump truck and pup trailer all over the Willamette Valley so it could be a little problematic.

Maybe if it was your butt riding in the Humvee, these potheads and drunks are making armored parts for, you'd have a little more sympathy for the guys and gals who's putting their life on the line, than the poor picked on union worker ?

BTW the workers you're defending have been "suspended"

"The story reported earlier this week by Fox 2 in Detroit highlighted a very serious issue of unacceptable and reckless employee misconduct that was already under investigation by the company," Derek Fiebig, an official from the plant, said in a statement.

"Working as expeditiously as possible within the bounds of the legal union contract, seventeen employees have been suspended pending discharge. In addition, we are working with the union to ensure that workers will no longer be allowed to leave the premises during the work day," Fiebig said.

"These actions supplement the existing rigorous drug screening and background checks used by Tower to hire 150 new employees since acquiring this business," he added."The story reported earlier this week by Fox 2 in Detroit highlighted a very serious issue of unacceptable and reckless employee misconduct that was already under investigation by the company," Derek Fiebig, an official from the plant, said in a statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual you missed my point. My comments were in regards to what makes the news and what doesn't. In a country of 300 million people don't you think a few of them screw up everyday? This only made the news because someone has an agenda.... get it now?

As usual you missed my point. My comments were in regards to what makes the news and what doesn't. In a country of 300 million people don't you think a few of them screw up everyday? This only made the news because someone has an agenda.... get it now?

I get it, drunks and potheads producing armored parts for the military isn't news worthy, but as reported by liberal news, Obama giving a thanksgiving turkey a reprieve is....Believe me, we all get it...........

So a few workers are pot heads. That is true in any profession. Does that mean unions are bad? I would think you would have to have a pretty transparent agenda to make that connection. Want to guess how many soldiers abuse alcohol and drugs? Does that make the military bad? Also, were there any issues that resulted from this? I seem to think some NON-UNION labor from China has been supplying the military with parts that are complete fakes and are causing issues.

So a few workers are pot heads. That is true in any profession. Does that mean unions are bad? I would think you would have to have a pretty transparent agenda to make that connection. Want to guess how many soldiers abuse alcohol and drugs? Does that make the military bad? Also, were there any issues that resulted from this? I seem to think some NON-UNION labor from China has been supplying the military with parts that are complete fakes and are causing issues.

Well one thing for sure, your post has no "agenda"..................:s0131:

Could be if this hadn't made the news these stoners would still be producing parts for the military, and who said all union workers are bad , you do know what they say about paranoia ?

BTW, I'm a retired union, carpenters local 405, San Jose Calif. I believe union members should be held accountable for their actions and these guys give all union members a black eye. Please don't lecture me on unions I lived the life, the good and the bad....

Well one thing for sure, your post has no "agenda"..................:s0131:

Could be if this hadn't made the news these stoners would still be producing parts for the military, and who said all union workers are bad , you do know what they say about paranoia ?

BTW, I'm a retired union, carpenters local 405, San Jose Calif. I believe union members should be held accountable for their actions and these guys give all union members a black eye. Please don't lecture me on unions I lived the life, the good and the bad....
Then why is the lead "UNION WORKERS..." That is especially funny that O'Reilly added that part since the original story never mentions union labor. The agenda is clear. Pointing out bias does not constitute an agenda. If you think it does I suggest you evaluate your own position. I will ask again, what damage or harm was traced back to this incident?

It looks to me like the real story is a defense contractor is using the cheapest labor they can get and they are getting what they are paying for.

36 nabbed in drug raid at Boeing plant - Philly.com
So.. What do you think?

http://articles.philly.com/2011-09-...-workers-ridley-park-plant-prescription-drugs
"A rep for United Aerospace Workers Local 1069, the union that represents Boeing workers, declined comment. (Among those charged with attempted possession of prescription painkillers was the former president of the union, Michael Patterson.)"
"The charges also raised questions about the effectiveness of Boeing's drug-testing programs for its workers. Mills said he couldn't disclose details of the company's drug-testing policy."

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top