JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have long used a different analogy. Both left and right seem to have zero problems with some drunk who kills. They can get convicted multiple times. They can even maim and kill. Yet no one ever says they should be banned from driving for life. This has long left me shaking my head.
Couple decades back when I first started to have "questions" about this. Got to know a guy who worked for DOC. He said (at that time, don't know if this is still so) that while on Parole the person had no 4th rights. That he could show up at their home any time and go in and search. This of course was only while the person was on Parole. That got me thinking why? Since they were convicted why not make the loss of 4th for life? After all it's just a privilege, right?
But you can get A lifetime driving ban.

How can I get around a lifetime license suspension in Oregon court?

Your heating bill must be very high.
Not at all. My anger at stupid criminals whining about losing their rights keeps my home comfortably warm.
If the house gets too cool for my dear wife she only has to give me a newspaper or turn on the news.;)

To me? For all it's worth I can easily see it while locked up, and or on parole. After that? Not sure. If they are "not safe" to roam free with a gun, why are they "safe" to roam free at all? They can only harm with a gun? It's fine for them to drive?

This is what I keep saying in relation to people with mental problems. If they are unsafe with a gun in their hands why are they safe to walk the streets at all?

Meaningless
How many drunks and reckless drivers continue to drive without a license?
That's like telling an abused wife that a piece of paper (restraining order) will keep her safe.
So arrest them. You were ranting and were factually incorrect. I corrected you. that happens on the inter web.

Meaningless
How many drunks and reckless drivers continue to drive without a license?
That's like telling an abused wife that a piece of paper (restraining order) will keep her safe.

There is a dead simple fix for that, you do know, right? How often do you see someone who just can't stop raping women? Why? They end up in prison. Does not take many till they are there till too old. So if someone just keeps driving drunk? Super simple. Put them where they can no longer do so. You would not have to do it to very many of them. Make an example out of some and watch how fast a whole lot of them suddenly can control that urge to get behind the wheel. It's done so often now as so few have to pay any painful price for it. The people who want my guns taken can't seem to see this in places like Chicago. Same handful of people keep causing gun crime. Over and over again. Easy to see why, they keep being turned lose to do so again and again. Simple way to stop the crime, lock the criminals up. After a few chances they have proven they do not want to live in society. One party makes every excuse under the sun for them, and they also scream that legal gun owners are the problem. It is amazing so few can see what the problem is here.

There is a dead simple fix for that, you do know, right? How often do you see someone who just can't stop raping women? Why? They end up in prison. Does not take many till they are there till too old. So if someone just keeps driving drunk? Super simple. Put them where they can no longer do so. You would not have to do it to very many of them. Make an example out of some and watch how fast a whole lot of them suddenly can control that urge to get behind the wheel. It's done so often now as so few have to pay any painful price for it. The people who want my guns taken can't seem to see this in places like Chicago. Same handful of people keep causing gun crime. Over and over again. Easy to see why, they keep being turned lose to do so again and again. Simple way to stop the crime, lock the criminals up. After a few chances they have proven they do not want to live in society. One party makes every excuse under the sun for them, and they also scream that legal gun owners are the problem. It is amazing so few can see what the problem is here.
What you seem to be missing is the fact that I'm not the one who gets to sentence them. And it appears that you are also missing the fact that one's who should be throwing that trash in the slammer are the ones who AREN'T doing it. It shouldn't be a lifetime ban on driving but rather a lifetime ban on breathing free air. But clearly, they aren't interested in my opinion. So I reiterate: Lifetime bans on driving are meaningless. An empty gesture
A virtue signal and nothing more.

Last Edited:
What you seem to be missing is the fact that I'm not the one who gets to sentence them. And it appears that you are also missing the fact that one's who should be throwing that trash in the slammer are the ones who AREN'T doing it. It shouldn't be a lifetime ban on driving but rather a lifetime ban on breathing free sir. But clearly, they aren't interested in my opinion. So I reiterate: Lifetime bans on driving are meaningless. An empty gesture
A virtue signal and nothing more.

OK, I get that. I have been for a long time saying that gun owners who support or just "go along" with compromise, are being foolish. The people pushing gun law could care less about saving lives or lowering crime. If they really cared they would not allow the criminals to roam free over and over again.

OK, I get that. I have been for a long time saying that gun owners who support or just "go along" with compromise, are being foolish. The people pushing gun law could care less about saving lives or lowering crime. If they really cared they would not allow the criminals to roam free over and over again.
Agree 100%

I asked a young student today in class (I'm a student too) while he said the Constitution should be rewritten every xx years.
I said "Do you believe that the Constitution gives rights or sets boundaries on what the government cannot encroach upon?"

He had no clue and went in a totally different direction.

Felons (if not person on person violence/violent etc.) should not be removed from owning a firearm.

I'm always surprised at how many pro-2A folks think convicted felons should be allowed to own a gun. It amazes me actually, as I'm willing to bet most wouldn't want said felon as a neighbor or say...dating their daughter. Grand theft by itself isn't violent, neither is B&E but heck yeah let them have guns. Why not? They wouldn't possibly re-offend right? I mean they really showed how good they are at making responsible decisions in life. :rolleyes:

If we cut the heads off of rapists, child molesters, murderers, and car thieves, and cut the hand off of a thief, I wouldn't have a problem with felony convictions being unrelated to firearm ownership. Since we don't, all of the aforementioned voluntarily gave up that right when they engaged in the immoral/illegal behavior and have no business legally owning firearms.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews