JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I never knew this was possible, and wondering what that custom made baffle is and how it works? My guess is it aids in aiming at those close distances...

Last Edited:
That would rust SO bad. It's kind of overkill, those fish weren't afraid, you could hit them with a three prong. It would also be incredibly loud!

That would rust SO bad. It's kind of overkill, those fish weren't afraid, you could hit them with a three prong. It would also be incredibly loud!
Curious now, what is the process to protect guns from saltwater submersion exposure? I would think they would be able to rinse thoroughly and dry and it would be fine?
gotta be more efficient than spearing them?

Curious now, what is the process to protect guns from saltwater submersion exposure? I would think they would be able to rinse thoroughly and dry and it would be fine?
I don't know what the process would be, but after spending a few years spear diving Hawaii, there's no way that thing wouldn't rust like crazy! A three prong has a medical bungee, and it's really fast to deploy. I noticed the guy was carrying a regular spear gun as well

Last Edited:
I don't know what the prices would be, but after spending a few years spear diving Hawaii, there's no way that thing wouldn't rust like crazy! A three prong has a medical bungee, and it's really fast to deploy. I noticed the guy was carrying a regular spear gun as well
my guess is hes doing it more for the novelty of it, but I still think it would be more efficient way of killing the lionfish... since they are invasive. My guess is the spear was for legal gamefish species.

my guess is hes doing it more for the novelty of it, but I still think it would be more efficient way of killing the lionfish... since they are invasive. My guess is the spear was for legal gamefish species.
A three prong has a bungy, it's kind of like a sling shot.

Those lion fish are taking over the place but someone found out they're pretty tasty too. I would think if you can get that close a basic Co2 type pistol (paint ball) would work just as well.

11401349_1590182937917423_7605112230848323344_n.jpg

They're supposed to be tasty, just don't touch the quills!
I have it doesnt feel so good....... Dont offer to feed your friends fish until they explain that the one SOB isnt a people person.........

Edit: aint nobody can react as fast as those SOB's.

Cerakote :s0071:

PROTECTION: Cerakote finishes have been tested to withstand beyond 3,000 hours in salt spray and hundreds of hours in full immersion.

You'd have to strip it down to its 34 parts, soak in fresh water and then before drying, into a bath of CLP (or similar).
Then you still might have some rusting that occurred before the bath.

It's amazing how fast the rusting process starts.
Example :
Fish hook, plated.
A few strokes of the file to sharpen point.
1/2 hour of fishing and you can see the rust starting on the part that was sharpened.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top