JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is more information on the case.

ELKO, Nev. — A Twin Falls woman convicted of forcing a 13-year-old boy to touch her breasts was sentenced Monday to life in prison.

Michelle Lyn Taylor, 34, was convicted of lewdness with a minor under 14 in November after a week-long trial in Elko County, Nev., District Judge Mike Memeo’s courtroom.

With the conviction, Taylor faced a mandatory life sentence, and Memeo set parole eligibility after 10 years, the minimum sentence. If released on parole she must register as a sex offender and will be under lifetime supervision.

The district attorney’s office did not offer a plea agreement in the case, said public defender Alina Kilpatrick, who argued the sentence is unconstitutional and doesn’t fit the crime.

“The jury was not allowed to know the potential sentence in this case and the Legislature doesn’t know the facts,” she said, alluding to the minimum sentence set by the Legislature in Nevada Revised Statute.

Kilpatrick said despite the parole eligibility after 10 years, there should be no mistake that it’s a life sentence for Taylor.

“She is getting a greater penalty for having a boy touch her breast than if she killed him,” she said.

After he sentenced her, Memeo said he was bound by state statute to impose the life sentence, but said he isn’t sure why the prosecution chose to charge her under that statute.

District Attorney Gary Woodbury could not be reached for comment.

Taylor, who lived in Jackpot, Nev., at the time of the crime, kissed a friend’s child, forced him to touch her breast and asked him to have sex with her in February 2008.

Taylor claimed she was intoxicated and doesn’t remember what happened that night. She told jurors she roughhoused with the boy, but didn’t force him to touch her inappropriately.

Key word: "forced"

same as he: "Forced" his will upon her (older man 14 yo girl)

Forced is forced.

not saying punishment fits crime... is that the real question here?

She will probably serve only the ten years, which in my opinion is not enough for a pedophile. By that time, she will be 44 and can prey on young men who are legal age.

Doesn't 10 YEARS seem too long for having a 13-14 yo touch your boob?

What she did was definitely wrong! But 10years? Come on that isn't justice.

And what about Life? She can be denied parole. Would that be ok? That aint justice either.

Some murderers have and got less time then "the touch my boob lady".

She deserves punishment for her mistakes but something reasonable.

We cant just throw the book at people!

To me the way the law changes if you plead guilty (working out a deal) compared to being found guilty can have a different sentence. If you SAY you did it you get less time? Something just aint right there!

The system is messed up!

Last Edited:
What people get for demanding longer and longer inflexible mandatory minimum sentences.

Yup, this is what happens when fundamentalism is mixed with the law. You get irrational mandatory sentences for morality crimes such as this. Still, 10 years for molesting a child seems about right to me. In fact it should be 10 years plus a public beating.

Yup, this is what happens when you have politicians pandering for votes with feel good legislation and zero comprehension of the legal process. You get irrational mandatory sentences for morality crimes such as this. Still, 10 years for molesting a child seems about right to me. In fact it should be 10 years plus a public beating.

Fixed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads