JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just hope that enough gun owners turn off their TV's and video games to wake up and defend their gun rights.

If the flotsum and jetsom of society calling themselves The Occupy movement can get as much attention as they got, don't you think 80 million gun owners could get the attention of Congress???? I wonder what it would take to put them in the streets to protest?

The occupy people got tons of attention, but nothing accomplished. Pretty much every one I know (liberal and conservative alike) thinks they're just a bunch of unemployed losers. We need to win the hearts and minds of those other 220 million non gun owners. I'm not sure how that's accomplished.

I just hope that enough gun owners turn off their TV's and video games to wake up and defend their gun rights.

If the flotsum and jetsom of society calling themselves The Occupy movement can get as much attention as they got, don't you think 80 million gun owners could get the attention of Congress???? I wonder what it would take to put them in the streets to protest?

Well that's because MOST of us have full time jobs/careers, and don't have time to cop a squat in the parks outside city hall, et all. I wonder how many of the occupy jerk-wads had Obama-phones?

tin-foil-hat.jpg

No UN treaty can over rule the US constitution. This has been ruled on a number of times by the US Supreme Court.

I have heard just the opposite. Multiple times. That IF the treated is ratified by congress and signed by the president, that all treaties with other nations DO supersede any conflicting law with the Constitution.
Sign The Petition To Stop The US From Signing The Arms Trade Treaty! | Dickmorris.com

Now, after searches, seems most people say it isnt a worry, that the Bill of Rights CANNOT be negated by a treaty. Even if it cant, whats to stop government vermin from enforcing a treaty over the 2nd amendment? And even if it doenst effect gun laws here, it could at least destroy the last of any weapons/weapons parts and ammunition importation that exists today.

I have heard just the opposite. Multiple times. That IF the treated is ratified by congress and signed by the president, that all treaties with other nations DO supersede any conflicting law with the Constitution.
Sign The Petition To Stop The US From Signing The Arms Trade Treaty! | Dickmorris.com

Heard ? :)

Reid v. Covert, 354 U.S. 1 (1957), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case in which the Court ruled that the Constitution supersedes international treaties ratified by the United States Senate. According to the decision, "this Court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty," although the case itself was with regard to an executive agreement, not a "treaty" in the U.S. legal sense, and the agreement itself has never been ruled unconstitutional.

Reid v. Covert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, after searches, seems most people say it isnt a worry, that the Bill of Rights CANNOT be negated by a treaty. Even if it cant, whats to stop government vermin from enforcing a treaty over the 2nd amendment? And even if it doenst effect gun laws here, it could at least destroy the last of any weapons/weapons parts and ammunition importation that exists today.

And what does prevent government from enforcing arbitrary crap ?

No UN treaty can over rule the US constitution. This has been ruled on a number of times by the US Supreme Court.

Wouldn't that be why there is an all out assault at both the state and federal level, to destroy the 2nd and the constitution? One more turn-coat justice is all that is needed in the SC,,,:s0131:

I realize that. But the goal in the meantime is so it doesnt get that far. amirite?

I think we just need to wait until there is a finalized version of the treaty, then study it, and decide whether it would be in our interest to have it ratified or not. Unlike other people, I think the purpose behind the treaty is legit, and only certain implementation details might have some concerns.

I think we just need to wait until there is a finalized version of the treaty, then study it, and decide whether it would be in our interest to have it ratified or not. Unlike other people, I think the purpose behind the treaty is legit, and only certain implementation details might have some concerns.

You sound like the kind of naive guy that would just use the little chain on the door instead of the deadbolt.

You sound like the kind of naive guy that would just use the little chain on the door instead of the deadbolt.

I can articulate my naive position fairly well. People who on the other hand start these threads around here keep on repeating the same mantras. I'm sure we've cited the SCOTUS decisions, text of the Constitution, press releases and other credible info at least half a dozen times. And still somebody is preparing to shoot "blue helmets". Don't you find it silly ?

I can articulate my naive position fairly well. People who on the other hand start these threads around here keep on repeating the same mantras. I'm sure we've cited the SCOTUS decisions, text of the Constitution, press releases and other credible info at least half a dozen times. And still somebody is preparing to shoot "blue helmets". Don't you find it silly ?

I am not preparing, and don't belive "blue helmets"will ever show up on these shores, but if they do, I will react to them in a very hostile way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top