JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If only it came with a jet plane version of a Good Sam RV membership, giving highly discounted access to in air refueling, and strategically placed carriers, and Island airstrips.

Named after one of the most bad azz fighters to fly..the F4U Corsair. I have seen the Erickson's F4U up close and doing a 400 mph low pass. I have all ready signed up to volunteer on its ground crew when I get moved to Central Oregon.

99-a-1280.jpg

On the F-4, nifty!... but the fuel costs will kill your budget. Even a L-39 (Albatross) sucks back a lot of fuel at 140 gallons per hour (gph).

Moving up the food chain, I believe the B-29 "Fifi" burns 400 gph.

Did a lot of training around the current Mil airfares, and got my first back seat ride in Ol'Smokey, an F-4S WW tail code ship, man, whay a machine, proof you can strap a big enough motor to a brick and it will fly! Nothing in the world could or still match the F- 4 down low, Nothing! I later got to back seat in a F-15 Echo and that was simply awesome, there is a reason the -15 is undefeated, Current Score 110 to NOTHING!!! Take that NAVY! Then I got a back seat in the -16, that made me a believer!
The F-4 was kind of like an American muscle car, fast as hell, quick as lightning, just don' try and turn all that sharp and your good, the -15 was like a Lamborghini, brutish power, agile like a cat, and rock solid in a turn at any speed! The -16 was like a Ferrari, not as quick, not as fast, but hold the eff on, were turning yesterday! The -16 could out dance any thing in the sky! We went up against the Navy in a Red Flag with it's new F-18 Echo and it was a rout, the -18 is good, but the -15 and -16 tear it apart, and the poor ol -14 never stood a chance in a knife fight, it had to work it's radar magic from far off, about where an F-4 would smoke it!
Ol' Smokey was a lot better then folks wanted to admit, the only thing wrong with it was it's age and construction tech, had the mil decided to keep it, it would still be an awesome bird! And to this day, there are 24 active -S versions with the WW tail code and no smoke engines doing what the Phantom always did best, super sonic across the deck into harm's way! :)

Did a lot of training around the current Mil airfares, and got my first back seat ride in Ol'Smokey, an F-4S WW tail code ship, man, whay a machine, proof you can strap a big enough motor to a brick and it will fly! Nothing in the world could or still match the F- 4 down low, Nothing! I later got to back seat in a F-15 Echo and that was simply awesome, there is a reason the -15 is undefeated, Current Score 110 to NOTHING!!! Take that NAVY! Then I got a back seat in the -16, that made me a believer!
The F-4 was kind of like an American muscle car, fast as hell, quick as lightning, just don' try and turn all that sharp and your good, the -15 was like a Lamborghini, brutish power, agile like a cat, and rock solid in a turn at any speed! The -16 was like a Ferrari, not as quick, not as fast, but hold the eff on, were turning yesterday! The -16 could out dance any thing in the sky! We went up against the Navy in a Red Flag with it's new F-18 Echo and it was a rout, the -18 is good, but the -15 and -16 tear it apart, and the poor ol -14 never stood a chance in a knife fight, it had to work it's radar magic from far off, about where an F-4 would smoke it!
Ol' Smokey was a lot better then folks wanted to admit, the only thing wrong with it was it's age and construction tech, had the mil decided to keep it, it would still be an awesome bird! And to this day, there are 24 active -S versions with the WW tail code and no smoke engines doing what the Phantom always did best, super sonic across the deck into harm's way! :)
So did ya puke ?

:s0170:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class