JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dibs on first spin around the block!! :D

I always the Phantom was one of the coolest looking fighters ever built. :cool:

http://forgodandcountry.com/aviation/ever-want-to-own-an-f-4-phantom-now-you-can/

03192018x1.png

03192018x2.png

03192018x6.png

I was more a fan of the Intruder. Phantom always looked...weird.

I'll pretend I didn't read that. :p

I loved the F4. As a kid I had LOTS of books on US military jets. I can name most from a glance. And quite a few prop planes from older conflicts too. Was my lifelong dream to pilot one, but who knew a traumatic head injury would get in the way of a military career? :(

I'm still here, breathing, working and educated.

Bah the A6 was the precursor to the most badass aircraft ever to fly the unfriendly skies - the F14. Both were pretty badass. Both beautiful aircraft. The Intruder was basically the precursor to the F15, the F15 was pretty badass and not bad looking, but the F4... whoever designed her lines was drunk, or 6 years old, or both :D

Bah the A6 was the precursor to the most badass aircraft ever to fly the unfriendly skies - the F14. Both were pretty badass. Both beautiful aircraft. The Intruder was basically the precursor to the F15, the F15 was pretty badass and not bad looking, but the F4... whoever designed her lines was drunk, or 6 years old, or both :D

The F15 was faster, more maneuverable and carried a bigger payload than the F14. Mic drop!! :D

The F15 was faster, more maneuverable and carried a bigger payload than the F14. Mic drop!! :D

Yeah, but the F15 didn't have the same cool factor, the variable position wings (see cool factor) OR Top Gun or Iron Eagle cool factor.

F15 was/is an incredible fighting machine. Pretty much all American combat aircraft are. :D At least I didn't say the F16 was the coolest of them all. That's the jet I wanted to fly when I was 15. Then I found out I was too tall to be a fighter pilot, so pretty much gave up on wanting to fly at all.

I worked on the "sister ship" of the A6 (The EA6B "Prowler" Electronic Warfare Aircraft). The intruder made "Charlie" literally "quake in his sandals" because of the huge amount of ordnance it brought with it (usually heavy Napalm or High Explosive bombs). The Navy/Marines were coming... and, rest assured, HELL WAS COMING WITH US!

Last Edited:
I was more a fan of the Intruder. Phantom always looked...weird.
Not bad, but my personal preference is the Prowler, particularly the VEP model with aerodynamic improvements--especially if I can graft in the engine bays of the A-6F Intruder II.

Little more practical as a "family truckster"... for a "sportscar" I'd go with a TA-4J even though it's a Flying Miata next to the Brick.

Money's no object? Gimme a Bone to turn into a flying mobile-home. Refit the aft bomb bay with a vehicle elevator as a garage, convert the forward into a small apartment, turn most of mid into fuel tank... maybe add thrust-vectoring/lift-fan systems to go for STOVL or VTOL. Gotta admit, THAT would be a hell of an entrance dropping in on my uncle's cornfield... :D

Diamondback: You know that the A6/EA6B were always the "flying guppies" on the Aircraft Carriers. While subsonic, they always hauled the "heavy freight" and raised holy hell in the rice paddies in Southeast Asia.

p.s. I'm certain you've seen what a heavy load of napalm does to a 100-yard wide 1/4 mile-long segment of real estate.

Last Edited:
Diamondback: You know that the A6/EA6B were always the "flying guppies" on the Aircraft Carriers. While subsonic, they always hauled the "heavy freight" and raised holy hell in the rice paddies in Southeast Asia.
Yup. Not good ol' Big BUFF, but as close as you're gonna get onto a flattop. :)

You'd love something a former Prowler ECMO, a nomadic Northrop/Sikorsky/Bell development engineer and I hatched a concept for... a VTOL Prowler with even more payload AND able to put up a decent self-defense fight through both jammers and extra missiles too. (Some reports indicate that the F-22's AESA radar can be used to deliver an EMP attack, so... guess what WE wanted to put up-front? :D )

Yup. Not good ol' Big BUFF, but as close as you're gonna get onto a flattop. :)

You'd love something a former Prowler ECMO, a nomadic Northrop/Sikorsky/Bell development engineer and I hatched a concept for... a VTOL Prowler with even more payload AND able to put up a decent self-defense fight through both jammers and extra missiles too. (Some reports indicate that the F-22's AESA radar can be used to deliver an EMP attack, so... guess what WE wanted to put up-front? :D )

True, SO TRUE!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads